Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Soul Management- Deejaybooking
Electronic Music Journalist Internship
Online since the year 2000, Deejaybooking.com is a Brussels based online booking platform for international artists, with a main focus on producer/deejays.
www.deejaybooking.com website is an essential tool to inform promoters, media and event managers worldwide about up and coming talents and events. We do both non-exclusive and exclusive representation, and we are open to all types of collaborations, depending on the needs of the respective Client / Talent / Agent. The core market for exclusive Talent for representation is focused in THE BENELUX and FRANCE territories.
Client deejays include : Felix Da Housecat, Aphrohead, Green Velvet, Cajmere, Jamaica Suk, Timmy Regisford, Dave Angel, Woody Mc Bride, Virgo Four, Kiko Navarro, Scan 7, Hanne Und Lore, Claude Young, Joal, Rogerio Martins, Dany Rodriguez, Koen Groeneveld, Joey Beltram, Wolfpack and more
Client Events / Festivals / Clubs include : Tomorrowland, We Can Dance, Midweekfeesten, Café d'Anvers, Fuse, Feest In Het Park, Real Club, Le Cadra, La Roca, Sun Fest, Replay, Patronaat, Rauw, Tivoli, Francofolies, Oostend Beach, Kitsch Club , ...
Extensive Online database of deejays and promoters Perfectly located in the Capital of Europe to expand operations world wide We find the right talent for the right promoter at the right conditions Own party brand concept called “We Love House” introduced since 2011
What will your internship be about:
We’re looking for young motivated interns with a passion for dance music, willing to interview artists, review albums, write articles and features, edit profiles and write a creative post, newsletters and artist bios. Participants in the internship will leverage and expand their online research knowledge, writing and advocacy skills, and build a broad portfolio. Applicants should have a strong interest in and be passionate about Electronic Dance Music, as well as, possess good writing and internet skills.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a person who wants to become part of a small team, is dynamic and has a great team spirit.
Qualities of the individual who will be sought to fill this role:
Optimistic, ambitious, open -minded, punctual and responsible.
Are you a music fanatic, passionate about a specific, or various musical styles, created by and for deejays and spend most of your time looking for new producers and sounds? Do you have a smell to discover a natural born talent? Come with us to do your internship with us
What do we expect from you
We believe in results. So if you are proactive – you would definitely fit in our team! We are expecting you to dig deep and discover the best talents, which would be presented to our wide community of promoters, clubs, festivals and private event organizers!
- looks for and strong eye for details and experience with the electronic music
Three lingual FR/NL/EN
- Passion and understanding of dance music
- Open minded to all genres of music
- Outgoing, self-motivated, multi-tasking and ability to solve problems on their own
- Have strong writing skills
- Ability to write; news, reviews and features
- Interview artists (can involve access to venues/shows to do interviews and/or just be at the show for write-ups/reviews)
- Data aggregation (editing artists, venues and label profiles on the site)
- Must have own laptop
- Confident people who have a mastery of communication in all forms.
- Excellent use of standard office software, databases and the Internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a must. French and/or Dutch and Spanish or any other languages are considered as a plus.
- The ability to plan and prioritize own workload, to thrive calmly under pressure and to effectively solve the problems
- High standards of personal organization, an understanding of the importance of attention to detail
- An independent approach and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to learn and absorb new information
Conditions and what is in it for you?
- A possibility oitions and what is in it for you?f getting involved in a creation of a start-up
- Getting to know different sides of business (finance, PR, management etc.)
- Working hours: full-time (38 h/week)
- NO FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Flexible start date
- Attend to parties, festivals and free entrance for tickets
- To meet international djs
Minimum internship period – 3 months with the possibility to extend it to 6 months
Note that we are only offering virtual / long distance internships whereby the students work from their home or any other place they like, as we are not offering office space anymore, since most students don’t like to work in the office.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textImpulsion Dance ASBL Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textMedianext Internship1030 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textAbyssin Productions Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textOpera Europa Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textMedianext Internship1030 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
2018-06-01=job.status_textpubliq Internship1080 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent
- French: excellent
- Dutch: good