Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
European Magazine Media Association
EMMA Communications Intern
The European Magazine Media Association, EMMA, represents more than 15.000 publishing houses across Europe, publishing more than 50.000 magazine titles.
EMMA promotes Europe’s magazine media in times of change, to ensure the long-term survival and prosperity of a plural, diverse, and economically successful magazine media in the EU.
EMMA is also the host of the Future Media Lab. think tank. For more information about the Future Media Lab please visit the website www.futuremedialab.info.
EMMA is a non-profit organization representing over 15.000 magazine publishers throughout Europe publishing over 50.000 titles in Europe, reaching on average 80% of European adults. 300 million Europeans read magazines on a regular, consistent basis. More information is available on www.magazinemedia.eu
The Future Media Lab. is EMMA's think tank. Launched in 2012, the Future Media Lab. operates at the interface of media innovation and public policy. Its aim is to bridge the gap between the fast-paced innovations in Europe's media sector and the long-lasting legislative process at EU-level by introducing various formats (conference, debate sessions) for knowledge sharing and insight generation. More information about the Future Media Lab. can be found at www.futuremedialab.info.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab., especially the advocacy and communication actions in Brussels. It also offers the opportunity for interns to hone their writing, editing, design and website development skills.
It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting the organization of Future Media Lab events (conferences, workshops, etc.).
- Supporting the EMMA and the Future Media Lab.’s administration and organisational work, such as event registration, database management, etc.
- Updating and developing the EMMA and Future Media Lab. websites and other social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blog etc.
- Contributing to the Future Media Lab. blog and newsletter.
- Support of the Communications Manager in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects.
- Candidates should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills; the knowledge of one other EU language would be an asset.
- Interest in event organization/management.
- Experienced user of Adobe InDesign, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and Business Catalyst CMS a plus.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously
- The person should be an excellent team-player and have a demonstrable interest in media innovation and EU policy.
EMMA internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed.
EMMA is offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels for a period of 3-6 months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid). This internship will consist of support and assistance in the communication activities of both EMMA and the Future Media Lab., particularly around the Future Media Lab.’s annual conference, which will take place in Brussels in January 2017. It will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to communications and event organisation in a membership-based association and who is interested in the developments in media policy and media innovation.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textGroupe One Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textGroupe One Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textASBLissimo Internship1170 Watermael-BoitsfortThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textFondation Be Planet Internship1050 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textUNCDF Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textUp! Asbl Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent