Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium VZW/ASBL
Events Assistant (Paid internship)
The American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (AmCham Belgium) is one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, it has around 500 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. AmCham Belgium is an independent non-profit organization. In addition to US companies in Belgium, our members include local and other international businesses operating in the country.
As the Events Assistant at AmCham Belgium you will assist in all aspects of events organization and events-marketing. Among other things, AmCham Belgium is this year celebrating its 70th anniversary with a gala in October 2018, which will be the highlight of this year’s calendar of over 40 events organized by the Chamber.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Brussels, starting as soon as possible for a period of six months. This is a paid internship.
AmCham Belgium is a non-profit membership organization and one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, we have around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. We do this by representing our members in the public debate and by organizing all kinds of events to offer networking opportunities and a platform to share knowledge, best practices and issues affecting our members.
What you will be doing
- Helping plan interesting events for our members and the wider US-Belgium business community
- Marketing our events by defining target audiences, creating and sending invitations, and promoting our events via our other marketing channels
- Attending our events, where you will help with setup, breakdown and other logistical aspects, and always greet our members with a friendly smile
- Preparing and analyzing post-event surveys to ensure we continue to deliver relevant and quality events for our members
- Writing blog posts about our events
- Using social media to promote and report on our events
- Providing our members with high-quality, professional service
How will you be doing this?
- You will use and learn to work with online software, such as Customer Relationship Management software (SugarCRM) and mass email marketing software (Net-Results), to develop email marketing campaigns.
- You will identify new online marketing trends and platforms to promote our events
- You will research and propose engaging speakers and event formats
- You will pro-actively gather and analyze feedback from our members and use it to improve our offering
- You will collaborate closely with colleagues in events and communications
What we will be working on this year
- We are celebrating our 70th anniversary with a special gala
- On the policy side, we have recently launched our Year of Logistics with special events and publications
- Plus the rest of our 40+ events: networking events, business lunches, events with politicians,…
AmCham Belgium Team
You will be working in a dedicated and international team and report to the Events Manager, who is charged with daily management of the Events Intern.
- You are creative, with good writing skills and a flare for (visual) communication
- You have an interest in events planning, marketing and communications, previous experience would be an asset
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
- You are fluent in English (mother tongue or near-native level) and have a good command of either Dutch and/or French (ideally both)
- You take pride in what you do and welcome feedback
- You have excellent organizational skills, are able to work independently and take responsibility
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail
- A six-month paid internship contract
- The opportunity to attend our events, where you will find inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our extensive network of business and political contacts
- The tools and training you need to do your job well, including cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, Net-Results, etc.
- An office in the heart of the EU Quarter, so there’s plenty to do when you’re not at work
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: good
- Dutch: good