Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an internationally operating non‐governmental organization that serves and protects refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality.
In direct partnership with global and regional civil society partners in Africa, Asia. Europe and Latin America, ICMC coordinates the EU co-funded Migration and Development Civil Society Programme (MADE). MADE is strengthening and widening a global civil society movement working and networking to promote policies for the well-being and protection of all migrants and communities. Within the context of MADE, ICMC also organizes the annual Civil Society Days of the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD).
For the MADE programme, ICMC is looking for a finance assistant to support the finance team. The position is unpaid, part-time (2-3 days per week) and for 4 – 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
Working closely with the Finance Manager and Funding Coordinator, the finance assistant will assist with:
- assisting in partners project monitoring: gathering and filling supporting documents related to the financial reports;
- assisting in preparing bank reconciliations, bookings and financial reports to the European Commission;
- supporting the MADE Finance unit: correspondence, mailing and address lists, external communication, photocopying, printing of documents, file-keeping, archiving,
- booking travel arrangements of the operations officers, participating in and drafting minutes of the weekly team meetings of the Finance unit, etc.;
- preparing contracts with providers, consultants and contractors in compliance with procurement rules: preparation of tender documents, follow-up of selection and contracting process, purchase orders, financial follow-up of contracts & their renewals (contracts in French and English);
- assisting in the financial aspects of the organizing of GFMD Civil Society Days 2016
- performing any other duties to contribute to the MADE by Civil Society Programme
Qualification or proven professional experience in finance, accounting, administrative and/or organizational matters;
Excellent knowledge of English, French is a plus;
Excellent computer literacy, including MS Outlook and Office (especially Excel); ability to pick up new tools quickly;
Past experience of working within a team in a European/international environment;
Practical experience in carrying out public procurement procedures;
Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
Good communication and drafting skills;
Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines.
- opportunities to be involved in interesting tasks and projects,
- excellent team spirit in a multinational environment,
- professional recognition and education,
- a contract for students with the aim to apply theoretical knowledge in a working environment; this contract will be set up between the applicant’s university and ICMC Europe
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textMédecins du Monde Belgique Internship1210 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textJeunes cdh asbl Internship1000 BRUXELLESThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textRECLAIM Internship1040 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textAmnesty International Belgique Francophone Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textNRC Europe Internship1040 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textMaison de l'Amérique Latine Internship1050 IXELLESThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
- English: excellent
- French: medium