Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Full Stack Developer
At Complidata, we developed an AI platform that helps in effectively automating and optimizing the AML and KYC Compliance processes for Financial Institutions (eg: Banks, Insurance companies etc). In short, we help financial institutions fight financial crime.
Known for our fully configurable, regulatory compliant and explainable A.I.-driven solutions, we were recently awarded “Best A.I. Start-up of the Year” at Disummit, Belgium and and we are among the top 10 nominees for the Deloitte Rising Star Award 2019. To know more details about us, visit: http://www.complidata.io.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing front end of the application architecture.
- Designing user interactions on various pages/steps on the application.
- Developing back end of the application.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Full Stack Developer Requirements:
- Knowledge of Java web applications. Experience/familiarity working with Spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data (JPA), etc.), would be a plus.
- Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL, JPA, Hibernate (our stack contains aforementioned technologies with a Spring Data layer on top).
- APIs have no secrets for you, integrating with a simple external API through a REST or SOAP call and unmarshalling a response is an easy task for you. Furthermore, building your own API endpoints whilst following common standards is something, you’re not afraid of.
- You are familiar with common practices in UI/UX design and mobile-based features. Familiarity with creating mockups and prototypes (using tools that you prefer).
- Familiarity with OCR (Tesseract) and Computer Vision (OpenCV) are a plus; furthermore, any interest or familiarity with A.I. in general will only come in handy.
- Familiarity with Python or R is a plus, not a must.
- Being creative and having an eye for design is a plus.
General things to remember/requirements:
- You are a quick learner and have no issue with reading up on documentations of new technologies/frameworks. You get a kick out of discovering new things and thinking out new ways for solving problems.
- More generally, you will have a highly diversified range of tasks, making the job very interesting (lots of fun side projects and a lot of freedom to operate – your voice matters); you will however also have to be able to manage your time very well. Planning, communication and a love for coding are key in this position.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate with different team members
- Ability to work independently and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must have an ABL (AlwaysBeLearning) philosophy
- You don't mind taking it up a notch to meet an important deadline
Pros of working with us:
- Work closely together in a small team of experts, where you will be in direct contact with CEO and CTO.
- Very flexible hours, including one remote working day.
- Your opinion matters to us!
- We have a very good sandwich bar nearby
- Master’s/Bachelor’s students can also collaborate with us for the thesis projects.
- Workplace: Tervuren, Brussels, good public transportation connections with Leuven and Brussels.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.