Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
TforG - an IQVIA company
Founded in 1991, TforG provides business intelligence and decision support to international business managers worldwide. Its unique focus is the medical devices and medical technology markets.TforG has a stable customer base including more than half of the top-100 Medical Technology companies.
In October 2017, TforG joined forces with IQVIA (previously known as QuintilesIMS). IQVIA is a leading global healthcare provider of integrated information and technology-enabled services. IQVIA is dedicated to helping its clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results.
The combination of TforG's MedTech focus with IQVIA’s rich data assets and consulting and services capabilities will yield new, enlarged and combined solutions to help our customers improve their market position.
- You are part of the team in charge of the definition, production and maintenance of the TforG healthcare business intelligence products. More specifically, you will work on the database of surgical procedure volumes.
- You are responsible for creating profile charts for each procedure, containing the following information: a written description of the intervention, supporting images, physician profiles that perform the procedure, surgical approaches used (open vs. minimally invasive vs percutaneous), settings where the procedures are performed (in-hospital or at surgical centers / clinics), whether the procedure requires an overnight stay or is performed on an ambulatory basis, an indication of country differences for all of the above parameters.
- You make use of several sources to acquire this information: desk research, primary research, own experience etc
- You are a student of healthcare-related studies (e.g. Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry etc.)
- Good understanding of the human anatomy.
- Good analytical skills and advanced experience of Excel is required.
- You are result-oriented, determined, pro-active, customer- and service oriented.
- A profound knowledge of English is indispensable within our international environment. Any other additional languages are a plus
- A young, dynamic and internationally active company operating in an innovative business segment.
- A company culture allowing our staff to make a difference and with attention for their personal development.
- An opportunity to use and apply your healthcare-related knowledge in a commercial environment.
- Flexibility in terms of working days/hours, so you can combine easily with classes.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent