Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
International Development Intern
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, Imerys transforms a unique range of minerals to deliver essential functions that are essential to its customers' products and manufacturing processes.
Imerys’ solutions contribute to the quality of a great number of applications in consumer goods, industrial equipment or construction. Combining expertise, creativity and attentiveness to customers’ needs, the Group’s international teams constantly identify new applications and develop high value-added solutions under a determined approach to responsible development.
Imerys is present in 50 countries with more than 250 industrial sites and has realized 4.1bn euros sales in 2015. The Group is listed on Euronext.
The position reports to the Head of International Development. Internship duration should be from 4 to 6 months, ideally starting between January and February.
You become part of the International Development team for the Imerys Group overseen by Olivier Hautin, Group Executive Vice-President. You will interact with (i) Divisions and regional business units, (ii) Corporate M&A and Strategy teams and (iii) regional and division Finance and Human Resource teams.
Your main assignments will include:
1. Supporting the Head of International Development in drafting presentations, on various topics
2. Coordinating the worldwide growth opportunities pipeline
3. Analyze external growth opportunities (incl. origination; valuation; supporting due-diligence efforts)
4. Support all activities of the International Development team in relation with organic and external growth and organization (local organization set-ups)
5. You may be required to perform ad hoc research and analysis for Group top management.
This internship will be an opportunity to work on multiple growth levers in an industrial and entrepreneurial environment. Imerys has a global industrial footprint and commercial reach, and the intern will benefit from a strong exposure to an international business environment.
- Business school profile, preferable final year Masters. First international experience would be a plus.
- Self-starter, eager to learn, highly motivated, autonomous
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills Strong interest for international development and industrial environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written/oral), any additional languages will be a plus.
- Advanced user of Office Pack, notably Power Point and Excel.
- Ideally start either in January or February 2017.
The intern will be based in La Hulpe, Belgium
The possibility to be exposed to a multicultural work environment, while at that same time being involved in the international development strategy of a company that is a leader at its market.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent