Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internhsip: Category Management
Pepsi, Duyvis, Lays, Doritos, Tropicana, … Je kent ze wel, producten met naam en faam. Meer nog, je hebt ze ongetwijfeld in je koel – en voorraadkast staan. Sterke merken, dat vraagt om straffe medewerkers. Daarom geven we onze mensen alle kansen om hun verantwoordelijkheid te nemen en door te groeien.
Tropicana Zeebrugge behoort tot de wereldwijde bedrijvengroep PepsiCo, en staat garant voor duurzame groei en uitdagende toekomstperspectieven. Wij zijn gespecialiseerd in het afvullen van vruchtendranken op basis van vers fruitsap. De vestiging in Zeebrugge werd opgestart in 2003 en heeft een team van 225 medewerkers. Wij zijn toonaangevend op vlak van processen en technologie.
Veurne Snack Foods behoort tot de wereldwijde bedrijvengroep PepsiCo, en staat garant voor duurzame groei en uitdagende toekomstperspectieven.
Wij zijn gespecialiseerd in het produceren en verpakken van chips (Lays) en snacks (Doritos, Smiths, Bugles, Chipito,...). Wij zijn toonaangevend op vlak van processen en technologie met 8 productielijnen en een team van 480 medewerkers.
What does the internship involve?
The Category Management department is responsible for the growth of PepsiCo’s various category operations, and working works on strategies and initiatives based on category-, retail-, and shopper insights to achieve this. This internship gives you the chance to gain a lot of knowledge about the category Juices and about the behavior of the shoppers of this category!
- We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic Category Management Intern who will support the Category Managers for the category Juices. :
- You will be involved in strategy making for the category and many growth initiatives at our retailers like second location projects, shelf layout and/or assortment optimization projects, shelf signage projects etc.
- You will monitor and identify opportunities and threats in the marketby making competitor analysis and visiting supermarkets, and make ad hoc analysis as basis for new plans or to evaluate implemented plans. Based on the outcomes you will come with recommendations.
- You will use Nielsen sales data, shopper research and GFK household panel data for your analysis or will conduct additional in-store research (observations, interviews etc.) yourself if needed.
- You will support the roll-out of the category visions by for example doing additional research, making presentations and videos, organizing workshops etc.
- You will gain knowledge about shelf layouts and the vision behind it, and will support space management projects for new business.
The Category Management Intern will report to the Category Manager Cereals and will work closely with the other Category Managers as well. For retailer and projects for the Away from Home market you will work a lot with Account Managers and their Interns and for internal projects like monitoring or introduction of New Product Developments with the Brand Managers and their Interns. For gathering specific data and additional shopper research you will cooperate with the Business Analytics department.
Are you someone who:
- Is an eager and enthusiastic student or graduate with:
- Has a bachelor or Master with an affinity for Business, Economics, and/or Marketing;
- Has strong analytical skills and enjoys making analyses;
- Has proactive working attitude, can work independently on projects and thereby set priorities;
- Is persistence when you are facing challenges;
- Has strong communication skills and comfortable communicating with people from many different departments;
- Has good understanding of Dutch/ French and/or English;
- Has experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
And with curiosity about what is happening in the stores and about how shopper-, consumer- and retail insights are used for plans to grow the category (e.g. the design of the assortment and shelves of our customers, new PepsiCo products);
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best!
As an intern, you will not only be remunerated for your role, which will include travel allowances, but also get several opportunities which will ensure that you have a holistic, and fun experience for six months. For example, you, are given multiple chances to connect with the current interns (10-15) that help in knowledge and experience sharing; participate with internal activities to name a few!
About PepsiCo and you
PepsiCo is one of the largest food and beverages companies in the world. Everyday worldwide people consume PepsiCo products, more than a billion times. With strong brands like Pepsi, 7UP, Lay's, Tropicana, Doritos, Quaker and Duyvis, we are firmly represented within the Benelux. Here, we work with 1400 employees at 7 different locations to ensure the success of our company. At PepsiCo we cultivate an informal, dynamic and result-oriented business culture - we strive for success!
At the heart of PepsiCo, is Performance with Purpose — our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable value for all stakeholders. We believe that delivering for our consumers and customers, protecting our environment, sourcing with integrity and investing in our employees are not just the right thing to do, but that these actions also position PepsiCo for long-term, sustainable growth.
By uploading your CV, for the aforementioned vacancy, you will automatically apply for the Next Interns Day on the 23rd of November, 2017. During this day the selection for this internship will take place. The deadline for the uploading of your CVs is the 6th of November, 2017 (18:00h) and we will invite a maximum of 30 students for this event.
After considering your application, we will send you a response with a link to complete your application with a short video interview. You will have 5 days to complete and submit this interview. After the 10th of November we’ll let you know if you are invited for the Next Interns Day.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- Dutch: excellent
- English: excellent
- French: good