Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship Cloud Engineer - Microservices
Proud history, sure. But at ING we’re always more interested in what comes next. Looking at everything we do and asking: how do we make this better? How can we get it done faster? How can it be done more simply? It takes relentless curiosity, a spirit of open collaboration and a culture where new ideas are valued ahead of old conventions.
Internship - Cloud Engineer – Microservice
- Type of contract: Student/internship
- Work regime: Full time / mostly duration of 3 months
- Location: CSM with possibility of homeworking
- Possibility to apply alone or in pairs!
Your role & work environment
Cloud services are a standard in the modern IT infrastructure. ING is full speed migrating traditional applications to its own Private Cloud. As passionate IT engineers, we are continuously researching improvements and new technologies that could benefit our private cloud. This is where you come in to play!
Join us and assist us in our automation journey! Migrate automation flows currently embedded in the VMware automation tooling to a more microservice minded model using Function as a Service (FaaS) and an API first methodology.
Your key responsibilities
- Become comfortable with VMware products and it’s automation tooling in particular
- Gain knowledge on Function as a Service and it’s concepts
- Play around with VMware automation tooling and FaaS to become comfortable with them
- Write your own automation flows to experience the current way of working
- Design and implement a solution to migrate automation flows in the current model towards a microservice minded model
- Document! Not only as a reference for yourself, but also to spread knowledge to colleagues
- Be proud of your work by showcasing it on a regular basis to your peers
We look for
As a Cloud Engineer, you will also need:
- Have a basic understanding of cloud principles and concepts
- Have a decent coding background, preferably in Python
- Have experience with Git and pipelines
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Be a team player, but you can also work autonomously
- Be a good communicator. English is the basis language
- Student in Bachelor or University
We offer you
- Exciting projects and a steep learning curve
- A dynamic environment with peers willing to go the extra mile
- Flexibility – Choose when and where you work
- We are continuously searching for talent, hint hint
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textUpy Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textING Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime:
=job.status_textING Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textING Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textING Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textSantander Consumer Bank SA Internship1040 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- French: excellent
- Dutch: excellent