Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship - Data Analyst - Uptime Monitoring Center
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service.
The Volvo Group, with its headquarters in Gothenburg, employs about 100,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
This is us, your new colleagues
The Monitoring Center resides within the Volvo Trucks organization and stands for a creative development hub of aftermarket services related to Remote Diagnostics and Big Data analytics, close to our customers. Perceived by many as a scale-up within the Services area, we nurture empowerment and enthusiasm as key ingredients for building customer success.
Do you just love to…
- Our goal is to deliver world-class vehicle uptime through connectivity and analytics.
- You’ll help us for all steps of data preparation, from cleaning, organizing raw data, data munging/wrangling.
- Where needed you will visualize some aspects of data to give insights to colleagues. This with a method of your choice: python libraries or dashboards through PowerBI
- You’ll shadow our data scientists during model development. Together you’ll search for new solutions to approach big data in relation to fault code patterns and preventative component failures.
Are you the one?
- Soon you’re graduating with a M.Sc. degree in Mathematics, Computing Science, Statistics or equal
- You're fluent in English
- You have a strong foundations in: Python and data libraries, SQL. Experience with dashboard solutions like Power BI is an asset.
- You have a great interest in automotive technologies and connected services
- You have good collaboration, communication and facilitation skills.
- You are an enthusiastic team player with a can-do, start-up mentality.
- You have a natural feel for continuous learning and personal involvement.
A perfect match
The opportunity to work in global and dynamic organization with highly skilled colleagues
A working environment that truly believes in customer success, trust, passion, performance and change
Regular opportunities for training and education to develop yourself continuously
Flexible working hours
Let’s do this!
Ever felt like joining a scale-up with a truly global scope, developing next-gen transport solutions for trucks, boats, buses, machines... then this is your moment!
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textVolvo Group InternshipB-9041 GentThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- Dutch: mother tongue
- Dutch: excellent