Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship - Event Manager Assistant
As a qualified professional congress organiser (PCO) for over 20 years, we are specialised in the organisation of international congresses and conferences. We take on the role of consultants and coordinators, responsible for the communication, logistical and administrative matters involved in the design and execution of meetings.
We serve a wide range of organisations, including trade associations, corporations and international institutions.
We cover all areas of congress management and meeting management in a highly professional way, while building and maintaining close personal interactions with our clients.
Do you want to discover the magical world of event management?
You are maybe the magical trainee we are searching for! If the below motivates you, don't wait and send us your CV!
You will assist a project manager who will supervise and/or advise you where needed. You will work in close cooperation with the project manager responsible for planning, developing and delivering events, A to Z, before, during and after the event. The working language is English. You will be responsible for the administration and delivery of services of the highest standard, including but not limited to the following:
Relations with clients
- Attend coordination meetings with the project manager
- Edit minutes of meetings
Operations and logistics
Assist the project manager in the research, selection, coordination, quality control and management of:
- Staff (Hostesses/Stewards, photograph)
- Travel & transportation
- Social events
- Creating marketing material
- Handle data-bases, e-mailings and mailings
- Develop event websites and manage content
- Preparing ppt presentations, signage, surveys, badges, ...
Delegate registrations and hotel reservations
- Management of databases
- Mailing invitation letters & programmes
- Register and confirm participants
- Process and confirm hotel reservations
- Produce hotels rooming lists
- Coordinate travel arrangements with the travel agency
- Welcome participants on-site at the event + assist the project manager
- Handle post-congress updates and reporting
- Service-minded and creative
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised with good planning skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
A friendly team, a pleasant working atmosphere, the possibility to acquire a lot of experience and responsabilities by working for European, scientific and associational events.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textDogofriends Internship1170 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textdogofriends Internship1170 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textRedacto Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textFromScratch Internship1030 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_text#NICECOM Internship1200 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textMyInternship.be Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good
- French: good