Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship: Graphic designer
INTK is a young and ambitious studio based in Utrecht. We are specialised in developing digital strategies for cultural organisations.
We work with several museums, theaters, film houses, castles, libraries, festivals, etc. Some of the cultural organisations we work with are: Centraal Museum, Tropenmuseum, Stadsschouwburg Utrecht, Film Theater Hilversum, Frascati, Het Utrechts Archief, Le Guess Who? festival, etc.
Our mission is to change how people relate to culture. Forty years ago very few people worked out/participated in sports on a regular basis. Today, many people dedicate several hours a week to play sports. Inspired by the changes in the sports sector, we would like to bring a similar change to the cultural sector. It is our goal to encourage people who love culture to engage in cultural activities on a weekly basis. For example, we want to encourage people that love cinema to go to the movies every week.
We are currently looking for art & culture ‘aficionado’ interested in joining our team as web-designer intern. We expect you to at least have one website in your portfolio.
• You will be part of the web-design process from concept to finish;
• You will work for a range of cultural institutions
• You will work with amazing content
• You will learn to deliver professional designs
• You will learn to communicate about design decisions
• You could work on autonomous assignment
• Student in creative higher education (HBO or equivalent);
• Interested in internet and digital technologies, up-to-date with the newest developments;
• Advanced skills in Illustrator, Indesign & Photoshop; the designs need to be delivered in PNG or Sketch files;
• Basic skills in HTML, CSS and CMS;
• Curious and driven to become an experienced web designer.
• Learning experience with webdesign in the cultural sector;
• An informal working environment with an international team of designers, software engineers and online strategists;
• Offices at the centre of Utrecht;
• Good mentorship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.