Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
INTERNSHIP: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
INTK is an ambitious studio based in Utrecht (25 minutes from Amsterdam). We are specialized in developing digital strategies for cultural organisations.
We work with museums, theaters, film houses, castles, libraries, festivals, etc. Some of the cultural organisations we work with are: NEMO Science Museum, Stadsschouwburg Utrecht, Film Theater Hilversum, Loevestein Castle, Library Utrecht, Le Guess Who festival, etc.
Our mission is to change how people relate to culture. We are inspired by the transformation that happened in the sport sector. Forty years ago, very few people sported. Today, many people dedicate several hours a week to sport. We would like to bring a similar change to the cultural sector. Our goal is to encourage people who love culture to engage in cultural activities on a weekly basis. For example, we want to encourage people that love cinema and rock concerts to go every week to the cinema and once a month to a rock concert.
e are currently looking for art & culture ‘aficionado’ interested in joining our team as web-designer intern. We expect you to at least have one website in your portfolio.
• You will be part of the web-design process from concept to finish;
• You will work for a range of cultural institutions
• You will work with amazing content
• You will learn to deliver professional designs
• You will learn to communicate about design decisions
• You could work on autonomous assignment
Please do not feel too disappointed with our website. We know it needs a re-design. You will notice that we do not have a portfolio online. So in case you are interested in the work we do here are 3 websites we developed:
• Student in creative higher education (HBO or equivalent);
• Interested in internet and digital technologies, up-to-date with the newest developments;
• Advanced skills in Illustrator, Indesign & Photoshop; the designs need to be delivered in PNG or Sketch files;
• Basic skills in HTML, CSS and CMS;
• Curious and driven to become an experienced web designer.
What we offer:
• Learning experience with webdesign in the cultural sector;
• An informal working environment with an international team of designers, software engineers and online strategists;
• Offices at the centre of Utrecht;
• Good mentorship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: excellent