Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
European Roma Information Office (ERIO)
Internship in Roma rights starting ASAP
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is an international advocacy organisation that promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing information to the EU institutions, civil society and governments. Through its wide network, it aims to combat racist discrimination and social exclusion of Roma by awareness raising, lobbying and policy development.
We are looking for motivated interns to join our team in Brussels. We have vacancies for full-time internships starting asap until 28 February 2019.
Application deadline: 30/9/2018
- Carrying out research on EU and national politics with regards to Roma issues and in the fields of anti-discrimination and social inclusion
- Assisting with current projects
- Assisting with drafting of publications
- Supporting the information programme (e.g. e-news, newsletters, press releases)
- Assisting with the organisation of events
- Assisting with current campaigns
- Proofreading, editing and/or translating texts
- Supporting the maintenance of ERIO's database
- Supporting the updating of ERIO’s website
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Fluency in French is preferable
- Motivated, helpful and dedicated individual, able to take responsibility and initiative as part of a small office team
- Strong communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Commitment to the promotion of Roma inclusion and human rights
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Roma issues, discrimination/human rights and of European Union policies and institutions is an asset
- IT and computer skills
- The candidate must be a student and be able to provide an official internship agreement from his/her university
- The internship would be fulfilling part of a university study requirement
- Insurance and costs are to be covered by the university or the student
Internships are unpaid. However, we can offer you the possibility to:
- Gain knowledge on lobbying with European institutions on anti-discrimination and social inclusion issues
- Become familiar with EU policies on Roma, human rights and anti-discrimination issues
- Become familiar with the landscape of Brussels-based NGOs
- Work in an international and multicultural environment
- Gain knowledge on fundraising issues
Whenever possible and depending on ERIO’s annual work programme, we try to satisfy the trainee’s needs and professional interests during the internship to ensure they get the most out of this experience.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textMAD Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textService Volontaire International Internship1050 IXELLESThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textWorld Fair Trade Organization - Europe Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textEuropean Startup Network Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textcitydev.brussels Internship1080 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2017-02-25=job.status_textAEDH Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent