Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
European Composer and Songwriter Alliance
Internship in the music sector
ECSA is an umbrella organisation of national composer and songwriter associations.
The main objective of the alliance is to defend and promote the rights of authors of music at the national, European and international level by any legal means. ECSA advocates for equitable commercial conditions for composers and songwriters and strives to improve social and economic development of music creation in Europe.
The ECSA office is currently searching for a full-time Intern for a period of 3 - 6 months. The internship can be part of a university programme (or ecole haute pertinent). In this case, the intern will have to have an internship contract with his/her university.
The intern will work under the direction of the both European Affairs and Programme Manager and carry out a range of specific tasks related to advocacy, cultural management, communications and administrative responsibilities.
- Following the legislative process on the copyright and Creative Europe file in the European institutions
- Assisting the staff in maintaining, regularly updating ECSA’s website and social media
- Assisting ECSA staff members in the organization of ECSA cultural events (concerts, conferences, workshops, awards,…) and General Assemblies
- Maintaining, regularly updating and synchronizing ECSA’s contact lists
- General administrative duties, ensuring the smooth-running of the ECSA office.
Applications must be made in English and include a motivational letter.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews which will take place from now on in Brussels.
Ideally the candidate will have a strong background in communications, social media and European affairs. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and be well-organized. Ideally, the intern will have the following:
- Last year student in Cultural Management and/or European Affairs
- Excellent computer skills (website updating, MS Office, social media)
- Excellent English and French skills, any other language is an asset
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong drafting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good team player, flexible, stress resistant
- Interest in music and culture
The internship has to be part of a university programme (or ecole haute pertinent). The intern will have to have an internship contract with his/her university.
- We offer hands-on experience in the cultural and public affairs sector.
- Possibility to travel abroad.
- Opportunity to attend cultural events and conferences on behlaf of ECSA.
- Networking possibilities.
- Possibility to manage parts of or complete projects independantly- depending on the interns experience and progress.
- Remuneration of 400 Euro per month for a 80% position
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: excellent