Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
GLOBAL EVOLUTION MANCO
INTERNSHIP - LEGAL & COMPLIANCE IN INVESTMENT FUNDS (1 YEAR)
Global Evolution Manco S.A. is a Luxembourg management company authorised by tthe CSSF according to Directive 2009/65/EC as well as Chapter 15 of Luxembourg Law of 17 December 2010 relating to undertakings for collective investment (the "2010 Law") to manage Luxembourg and foreign undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS).
The Management Company was founded in August 2016 by professionals with an experienced and long track record in managing emerging markets and frontier market portfolios, derivatives instruments and alternative investment products.
As the appointed management company of Global Evolution Funds, Global Evolution Manco is responsible for the daily management of the Fund and its sub-funds. This is done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, the CSSF's guidelines, the Fund's articles of incoproration and the instructions periodically received from the Fund's board of directors, including the investment lines of the individual sub-funds, as per the Fund's prospectus
• Assist with monitoring and reviewing new laws, regulations and market practices which may impact the business
• Monitoring and controlling marketing documents for compliance with guidelines and laws
• Support in drafting and reviewing main internal procedures and ensuring its regular update and compliance with regulatory requirements
• Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of controls, procedures and policies aimed at ensuring compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
• Assist with the preparation of draft and prepare any reporting to the CSSF and other national or European/international authorities
• Assist with filing and contacts
• Assist with the preparation of official documents and management of legal documents and agreements
• Assist with ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained;
• Assist with coordination, control and project management
• University Degree in law or student having completed at least 4-5 year legal studies
• Previous experience in legal or compliance function in the Luxembourg fund industry will be an asset
Fluent English (written and verbal) and a good command of other languages like French or German will be an asset
• Organized and skilled with managing projects (previous project experience will be an asset)
• Ability to work in autonomy and deliver high quality work
• Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to details, and high levels of accuracy
Strong computer skills and experienced with using Microsoft Office word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
A small Luxembourg Management Company is looking for a trainee lawyer with a specialization in Investment Funds and other regulated Investment Companies
We offer you the possibily to enter a managment company and to become an actor of the process
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent