Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Toyota Motor Europe
Internship Lubricant Design through Simulation (2018-2093)
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations
The Advanced Technology Division performs cutting edge research for Toyota in Europe in the areas of advanced technology.
• You are responsible for generating coarse grain Molecular Dynamics (MD) results for new lubricant molecules.
• You are also responsible for optimising the coarse grain MD lubricant molecule parameters targeting improved tribological performance.
• You will be supporting the translation of DFT results into coarse grain MD models.
• Finally, you will define design rules for minimum friction according the CG MD findings.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months – 12 month
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
• Master or PhD student of physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering or similar
• Knowledge Molecular Dynamics methods, programming, High Performance Computing
• Experience with the following tools welcome: LAMMPS, GAMESS
• Independent and self-motivated
• Fluency in English
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
Work location : Toyota Motor Europe (Zaventem-Belgium)
Starting date to be agreed between : student - University - Toyota Motor Europe
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good