Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship Market Access and Medical Affairs
AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. More than 59,000 of us, across six continents, working together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.
AstraZeneca BELUX (Belgium and Luxemburg) is headquartered near Brussels and employs over 170 professionals across sales, marketing, medical, market access and enabling functions.
Location: Uccle, Brussels Capital, Belgium
Our internship program will give you the opportunity to get a first experience in one of the bio-pharmaceutical company in Belgium and worldwide and one of the best product pipelines! We offer you a very practical hands-on experience working on some key projects within our organisation which will give you a very real insight into working within the pharmaceutical industry.
As an AZ intern, you will work in two of our departments:
In the development of new medicinal products, when the pivotal clinical trials have been conducted and marketing authorisation has been obtained from the European Medicines Agency, the last important elements that a product must obtain before being able to enter the market are optimal pricing and reimbursement conditions. For this project, during 6 months, you will be part of the Market Access team of AstraZeneca Belux. ‘Market Access’ is an overarching term to define everything that involves pricing and reimbursement for both new as well as existing (and already reimbursed) medicinal products.
Medical affairs provides scientific support for late stage development and post market support for drugs, biologics and devices. Medical affairs usually functions alongside marketing, to provide scientific support to both internal teams and external customers.
We are looking for the following profiles:
- You will be graduating from a Master’s program in Pharmaceutical or Biomedical studies in the summer of 2018 from a Belgian university.
- You are available to start your internship in September/October 2017.
- You are fluent in English, and have a good written and spoken knowledge of Dutch and French.
- You are entrepreneurial and pay attention to detail.
- You are structured and analytical.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are interested in the Belgian health care environment
- The chance to contribute in the Market Access Department to the preparations of a new reimbursement dossier that will be submitted to the RIZIV during the course of the project.
- The opportunity to support the Medical Affairs Department in several tasks, such as development/update of disease/product trainings, review of promotional material, developing surveys for collection of insight.
- The chance to be part of a (young), dynamic and committed team in one of leading global pharmaceutical firm.
- The opportunity to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textAir Liquide Internship1130 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Master Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textREDPHARMA Internship1160 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time