Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Internship Office Management
Ontex is a leading international producer of personal hygiene solutions for babies, women and adults. Our quality, value-for-money products are distributed in more than 110 countries through leading retailer private labels, as well as under our own brands.
Our mission is crystal clear: we build a world where everyone has access to affordable personal hygiene. And we have been doing so for the past 40 years.
Today, we are growing fast. We are continuously exploring new opportunities, creating new solutions and building new brands. Everywhere we do business, we look for local talent to join forces. Manufacturing heroes. Research heroes. Marketing heroes. Sales heroes. People who don’t believe in ‘one size fits all’, but connect their local know-how to our global story.
Do you type faster than your shadow, while at the same time answering the phone in a composed manner and handing over travel documents to the General Manager as he runs out the door to catch a flight? Then perhaps you are the Superhero we need!
Main responsibilities & key tasks
- Provide sophisticated calendar management : manage the team’s extremely active calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, interviews, (tele/video)conferences. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Coordinate complex, detailed and cross-divisional travel for the GM and his direct reports, including flights, hotels, taxis, visa applications, etc.
- Coordinate events such as team buildings and on- and offsite meetings and luncheons, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, pre- and post-event evaluations, monitoring of event timelines and ensure deadlines are met, research venue, suppliers and contractors, visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations, select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event, etc.
- Accurately process expenses by managing credit cards and receipts and submit in a timely fashion.
- PowerPoint Presentation development and refining, considering not only the content of the presentation, but also the way in which it is presented, accentuating the talking points so the audience’s attention is kept.
- Manage SharePoint sites
- Ad hoc assignments and project-based work.
- Respect confidentiality: You have all sorts of personal information and access. Integrity and a sense of discretion is critical.
- Creative Problem Solving: You are a polymath – you know about so many different aspects of your work environment and are seen as a go-to for problem-solving.
- Meticulous Organization: It might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s super important. When you’re working on a ton of different projects, you don’t have time to waste duplicating work due to a lack of organization.
- Adaptability: Your responsibilities are wide and varied. Often, this means being able to stop on a dime and pivot towards a completely unrelated project. Things change quickly, and you can react and adapt with ease.
- Grit: We’re all familiar with Murphy’s Law – anything that can go wrong will go wrong. At some point, things will go sideways. Servers crash, phone systems go down, vendors flake, flights get cancelled. You however do not crumble under pressure. You persevere, rise to the occasion, and get the job done.
- Foresight and Anticipation: You don’t need to be told what to do. You anticipate the solution before the problem even becomes a problem.
- Effective Communication: You are savvy on the phone, write good emails, and project confidence when speaking to employees at all levels face-to-face. No matter what the medium, your communication is direct and succinct.
- Attention to Detail
At Ontex, we work with energy, determination and commitment to be the best at what we do. Do you believe in what we do at Ontex? If so, don't just sit there: come and visit us, soak up our culture and maybe you'll become our new colleague.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good