Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME AT UNHCR IN BRUSSELS
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (the UN Refugee Agency, also known as UNHCR) is an intergovernmental organization with a mandate to protect refugees and stateless persons worldwide. Promoting respect for international protection norms in European Union (EU) law and policy is of vital importance to UNHCR, and the agency, accordingly, provides its views on a wide range of issues related to access to Europe, asylum, refugee protection, resettlement and integration in the 28 Member States of the EU. UNHCR's reports, proposals and observations on EU asylum law and policy can be found on this page: www.unhcr.org/eu.
UNHCR's Europe Bureau collaborates with EU institutions in Brussels on these issues, and works closely with the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) in Malta and Frontex, the EU's external border agency, based in Warsaw. The Bureau for Europe in Brussels also supports UNHCR’s country and regional offices in litigation before national and regional courts on legal questions of concern to UNHCR. Support on thematic issues such as trafficking, SGBV, child protection and statelessness in Europe is also provided from Brussels.
* To perform research on a wide range of subjects related to refugee protection, including international and European refugee and human rights law, arising in Europe.
* To review and analyze (social) media reports.
* To provide statistical analysis of refugee and migration trends in Europe.
* To assist in the implementation of various projects undertaken by the Bureau for Europe designed to assess the application of the asylum acquis.
* To assist in the drafting of reports or advocacy documents prepared by UNHCR.
* To research and analyse national legislation, jurisprudence and practice related to refugees, asylum seekers and statelessness.
* To assist in preparation of and attend conferences and meetings on topics of relevance to UNHCR at the European Parliament, the European Commission or other organizations or institutions, as necessary; as well as support to follow-up action.
* To assist with other tasks that may arise
The candidate should be a student or a recent graduate in a relevant area for UNHCR (law, international relations etc.), with demonstrated interest in refugee protection. Arabic language skills (including reading) are desirable. Research and English writing skills are particularly valued.
Intern transportation allowance on a monthly basis.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textPOSECO Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textPlateforme citoyenne de soutien aux réfugiés Internship1130 HarenThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textSB Overseas asbl InternshipSchaerbeek 1030 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textService Volontaire International Asbl Internship1050 IXELLESThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textRCN Justice et Democratie Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textStrategische Adviesraad Landbouw en Visserij Internship1040 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent
- Arabic: good