Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Space Applications Services
Internship / Thesis - LUVMI-X Electrical Engineering (M/F)
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The successful Intern will be tasked with the design, integration, and testing of electronic systems for use on the ground demonstrator of the LUVMI-X rover platform.
The successful Intern will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The internship is available at the Robotics, Mechanisms and Structures Team (Systems Department).
The Intern will mainly report to the RMS Team Lead and the LUVMI-X Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Team is seeking top talent currently enrolled in University studies, for joining our Team as an Intern, in our efforts to contribute to Europe’s objective of the sustainable return to the Moon, and to the expansion of humankind into the Solar System.
Duties for technical internships typically include a selection of the following:
- Collecting end-user requirements for the design of the system
- Electronic architecture, focusing on reliability (i.e. grounding implementation, noise susceptibility, failure detection and isolation)
- Embedded electronic systems
- Designing and simulating analog systems, including power supplies and sensor interfaces
- Procuring, assembling, and testing the electronics, prior to the integration into the rover
- Documenting the design.
Main Relevant Qualifications and Experience
Depending on the Thesis/Internship’s scope of work, a selection of the following is desirable:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering, or similar university program
- Hands-on experience (university projects, professional or DIY) and good understanding of:
- Mixed-signal circuit design using PCB software (e.g. Altium, Eagle, OrCad)
- Electronics debugging
- Basic knowledge and understanding of:
- Data protocols and their physical layer requirements
- Power converters and their operation
- Embedded programming
- Experience in mobile robotics is an asset.
The successful intern will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to:
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- An experience in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Under certain conditions, a monthly lump sum allowance.
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged.
How To Apply?
Please apply for the Internship via our website (www.spaceapplications.com) and send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English), along with your internship’s start date, to the attention of Mr. Alvaro Ferran Cifuentes.
Applications received through the Career page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The successful candidate shall be eligible to do an internship in the European Union.
We are looking for someone to be available for a minimum of 4 months’ internship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good