Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Journalism & Photography (Sustainable Europe)
Sustainable Europe is a documentary webseries gathering personal stories about solution-focused projects in Europe related to environmental sustainability. It is created by DONGO, a Brussels-based collective of documentary filmmakers working together with Research Institutes, Universities and NGOs looking for new ways to present their research in an engaging way that paper can not provide. Working language is English, Dutch or French.
You contribute to short, creative and easy-reading articles about the environment and sustainability for the online editorial team of an European webseries/mediacampaign. Under the guidance of the project manager, you will look for unique topics and perspectives in the EU and translate them into a creative and informative text. You search for appropriate images or you go out with the team and come up with ideas for photography or video.
Do you like telling stories? Are you filled with inspiration and motivation? We are looking for a creative and journalistic talent with a great interest in sustainability and the environment. You know what's going on in the world and enjoy hunting news and creating beautiful stories. You are interested in personal stories and can put people at ease. Brainstorming is in your blood. The more creative, the better. You are someone who is:
- Curious about stories about climate, nature, water, agriculture, energy, transport, ...
- Enthusiastic, smooth, assertive and proactive.
- Do not deter independence and responsibility.
- Like to get to the bottom of topics.
- Knowledge of photography & video (nice bonus, no requirement).
- Fluent in Dutch and English or French and English.
This is an ideal internship for a student interested in a career in international journalism or environmental organizations. We offer:
- An enthusiastic and creative working environment within a European context.
- The ability to deepen your knowledge in many domains related to sustainability.
- An instructive hands-on internship
- Interaction with different national and international organizations related to sustainability and the environment.
- Valuable experience for future career development in Communications within NGOs or any small to midsize organizations.
- Possibility to attend workshops or events related to the environment and sustainability.
- Possibility to visit unique projects related to sustainability within the EU.
We are happy to discuss the time frame and working hours of the internship during the introductory meeting, this is determined in mutual consultation between DONGO and the intern, we are flexible in this, the project runs over a period of several years and internship periods can spread in terms of weeks or months depending on the trainee's wishes. Based on performance, the trainee can gradually acquire more responsibilities if desired. Please note that this position is unpaid, but all costs related to the position (transport, telephone, food / drink and possible site visits abroad) are paid by DONGO.
Apply for this internship via student.be (CV + short motivation + any other relevant information), you will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application within 7 working days.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textLucky Way Game Internship1180 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textAMVB Internship1000 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textfuturgrooves Internship1000 bruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textSustainable Europe Internship1000 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textDeejaybooking Internship1050 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textpubliq Internship1080 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time