Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Junior Finance and Accounting Officer
What is StriveCloud?
StriveCloud is a young technology company in Ghent.
We help companies reaching their goals with gamification software.
Would you like to put your shoulders to the wheel with our company? Then read on!
What are your responsibilities?
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Processing tax payments and returns.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Implementation of new software for optimizing administrative processes.
- Purchase responsible.
- General administration tasks.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a numbers person with a passion for finance and accounting.
- You have 0-2 years working experience in accounting/finance and a relevant degree.
- You have strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- You have advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- You have good knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
- You have a very good command of English and Dutch. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software is a plus.
- Working experience as an accountant is a plus.
- Additional relevant certifications are a plus.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary with interesting fringe benefits.
- Guidance by an experienced external Financial Controller.
- Working with external consultants for the issues that require specific expertise.
- Immediate reporting and collaboration with the management.
- Wonderful colleagues who are eager to work with you.
- Lovely office environment where you can always find coffee and fruits.
- Sliding hours, where remote working occasionally is an option. The after-work drinks are on your own responsibility.
- An environment where personal development is important. With opportunities for supplementary training and education, attending seminars and personal mentorship.
- Flat hierarchy, where you can make a difference in a small team.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- Dutch: mother tongue