Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES
Learning Materials Designer- focus on People Management
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of culture, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF OCB is currently working on strengthening capacities of managers, developing a pack of training materials to develop skills of supervisors and managers. We are looking for an intern to support work on the contents and the form of the materials. S/he will also have the opportunity to contribute to discussions on how better supporting our field projects in this area, as well as to be involved in training events facilitation.
Some of the main duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop session plans and other materials, drawing on existing resources
- Collect and sort existing resources
- Review and feedback on existing session materials
- Working on visual identity of the training pack
- Doing background research on the topics covered by the program
- Support facilitation of learning events in the field of People Management
- Contribute to discussions on how to better support field missions
- Experience in facilitating and designing learning resources
- Interest in People Management, theory and practice
- Interest in visual communication and presentation skills
- French and English speaking and writing
- Good communication skills: both writing and speaking
- Strong IT capacities with MS package, Adobe suite is a plus
- Ability to work autonomous, ask for support when needed and provide regular feedback with the internship mentor;
- Understand, support and implement agility in management (collective intelligence, work in circles, horizontal relationship with Program Manager and others)
- Ability to understand the organization quickly
- Subscribe to the MSF charter and behavioral commitments
- Be enrolled in a recognized university, authorized to sign an agreement with MSF, and be under the insurance of this university
- Internships with MSF are unpaid, and no remuneration will be provided.
- MSF does take charge of your local transportation cost (Bus, train, tram, metro) and you can benefit from the onsite canteen for lunch.
Internship mentor and application procedure
- The internship mentor will ensure that the intern is sufficiently informed, briefed and supervised during his/her internship. Key aspects of this mentoring relationship are:
- Mutual Agreement at the start: how will we have a good relationship. What do we want to achieve? What are we both looking for? What is the atmosphere we wish to create? What to do when things do not go as agreed/expected?
- Mutual feedback: Provide regular feedback on our objectives, priorities, work methods and relationship.
- Support in terms of specific tasks, providing the framework and provide a mutual beneficial experience.
The mentor will be Sylvie Gosme, People Management Learning Officer.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter
- describing your professional project and why you are qualified for this internship
- indicating your University/college, the title of the study, the duration of your internship (start and end date) and whether you will available full time or part time
A selection procedure will take place. Only short-listed candidates will be informed and invited for an interview.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textFederale Overheidsdienst Beleid en Ondersteuning Internship1000 BrtusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textSPF BOSA (Stratégie et Appui) Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textUniversité Libre de Bruxelles Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textMEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textCaritas International Internship1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, BelgiqueThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textFOD Beleid & Ondersteuning (BOSA) - DG Rektrutering & Ontwikkeling Internship1000 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time