Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Legal & Partner Engagement Intern
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO)
EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
- Full-time internship (5 days a week) for enrolled students only -
Our internship programme
As the intern in the Legal & Partner Engagement (LPE) team, you will play an active role in the day-to-day activities of the department, supporting its strategic direction and vision.
In general, you will closely work with one direct supervisor, who will take an active role in your development; however, you will have the opportunity to work on different projects and areas within the department.
This internship will start in April 2021 and will have a duration of six months. Due to COVID-19, EMVO is adopting a flexible home office approach. This can be discussed with your supervisor in due course.
Overview of tasks
You will complete a range of functions depending on the day-to-day needs of the department, such as:
- Assisting with the collection and collation of data for EMVO’s Monitoring Reports;
- Assisting with OBP Portal and EU Hub data monitoring, reporting and maintenance;
- Providing secretariat support to the EMVS National Medicines Verification Organisation (NMVO) Project Manager (PM) Community; taking minutes at meetings, supporting with the organisation of meetings, providing support to the PMs and maintenance of the PM contact list.
- Creating Twitter and LinkedIn posts, alongside general social media account management;
- Supporting the team manage EMVO’s website, including updating pages and uploading documents;
- Generating ideas and creating content for EMVO’s newsletter (or other communication channels).
- Answering questions and providing second level support on behalf of EMVO’s Helpdesk;
- Supporting Pharmaceutical Companies in Divestiture & Acquisition activities;
- Supporting and assisting in the on-boarding of OBPs.
- Performing an initial check/review of contracts on a case by case basis;
- Assisting in legal risk assessments;
- Contributing to the creation of internal policies.
What are we looking for?
- A person with positive attitude and a service-driven and problem-solving mindset;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- The ability to work independently and accurately on tasks;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. Any other European languages will be seen as an asset;
- A current BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign an internship agreement with EMVO. We do not accept graduates (those who have already completed their studies). We receive many unsolicited offers, and we do not consider any.
What we offer
- A 6-month internship, starting in April 2021;
- A monthly compensation package;
- A chance to gain valuable experience in a multilingual environment;
- Full support and mentoring from our staff;
- The opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs.
Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, the EMVO team is currently teleworking, so interviews will be conducted remotely. To apply, please send your CV & Cover Letter in English via our website application form (link: https://careers.emvo-medicines.eu/en/vacature/application/53379/legal--partner-engagement-intern/application-form.aspx).
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good