Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Legal & Partner Engagement Intern
What is the European Medicines Verification Organization?
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO) is a Belgian non-profit organisation representing stakeholders united in securing the legal supply chain from falsified medicines. Its founding members are EFPIA (The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations), Medicines for Europe (The European Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association), PGEU (The Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union), GIRP (The European Healthcare Distribution Association) and EAEPC (The European Association of EuroPharmaceutical Companies).
What is the project of EMVO?
The project of the EMVO is the set up and governance of the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS). The EMVS integrates all parts of the medicines supply chain into a central medicines verification system. It exemplifies one approach of European Integration, as it establishes a new standard of supply chain safety in the healthcare sector. The EMVS requires multi-level project management by working with 32 nations and approximately 2500 companies located in all EU and EEA member states.
Full-time internship (5 days a week) - for enrolled students only.
As the Legal & Partner Engagement (LPE) Department intern, you will support the daily activities of the department following the strategic direction of the Head of Legal and Partner Engagement. In general, an LPE Department Intern will work under one supervisor, concentrating on assisting with the tasks of that supervisor. The supervisor is one of EMVO’s permanent LPE staff members, those being the Legal Counsel, Engagement & Communication Manager and Project & Partner Manager. This internship will start the 3rd of August and will have a duration of six months.
Overview of tasks
The intern will complete a range of tasks, dependent upon the day to day needs of the Department, including:
• Assisting with the collection and collation of data for EMVO’s Monitoring Report
• Assisting with OBP Portal and EU Hub data monitoring, reporting and cleansing
• Providing secretariat support to the EMVS National Medicines Verification Organisation (NMVO) Project Manager (PM) Community; taking minutes at meetings, supporting the organisation of meetings, assisting in providing support to the PMs and maintenance of the PM contact list.
• Creation of content and design for EMVO’s newsletter
• Creation of Twitter and LinkedIn posts, alongside general social media account management
• Maintenance of EMVO’s website, including updating pages and uploading documents
• Second level support/answer questions on behalf of EMVO’s Helpdesk
• Support Pharmaceutical Companies in Divestiture & Acquisition activities
• Support and assist in the on-boarding of OBPs
• Create an overview of the rights and obligations of each party per contract
• Create and maintain a list of provisions that will need to be updated/modified/removed in the future
• Assist in legal risk assessments legal risk assessments
• Contribute to the creation of internal policies
• A pronounced service orientation and a problem-solving mindset
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Proficiency with MS Office
• The capacity to work independently and with great care
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of English
• A current BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign an internship agreement with EMVO.
• A monthly compensation
• A chance to gain valuable working experience in a multilingual environment
• An internship for a period of 6 months, starting ideally in August 2020
• The opportunity to gain a first experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs
EMVO’s offices are in the centre of Brussels and are easily accessible by public transport.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent