Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Mobile victim application for offender monitoring solution
Upstreem is a startup based in Belgium and offering a disruptive electronic offender monitoring system.
At Upstreem, we believe that electronic offender monitoring should aim at changing the offenders’ behavior with the goal to rehabilitate them and to reduce recidivism.
An electronic offender monitoring system cannot just be a punitive surveillance measure. It should also be a digital assistant helping the offenders to better manage their life. At the same time, it should actively assist the monitoring officers in detecting and responding to 100% of violations, and it should also give the social workers insightful informations and tools that allow them to help the offenders better in their rehabilitation process.
Of course, the least we can do is to make sure that the system works accurately and reliably. That is why we have based our system on the most advanced technologies so that we offer you the quality you need to carry out your mission. Moreover, a patent has been filed to protect our unique technology.
The Electronic Monitoring system developed by Upstreem consists of the supervision of different nodes (bracelets) deployed throughout a country from 1 or 2 centralized platforms.
The persons under surveillance are monitored by means of a communicating electronic bracelet, which sends back data on the location of the persons under surveillance to centralized platforms developed by Upstreem. These data can then be consulted by the surveillance officers.
The system shall inform victims about the presence of the offender in a “mobile geo-fence zone” around.
The work consists of:
- The analysis of the ergonomics and the formalisation of graphical propositions.
- The functional study of the overall system
- The development of an Android app or the development of a responsive website, to be decided after analysis
- The development of the back-end and front-end function in the server
- The definition of the functions to be developed on the offender bracelet
- The integration of the mobile solution in the existing Upstreem’s offender monitoring system.
- Autonomy, room for creativity and entrepreneur spirit in a startup fashion
- Informal, no non-sense and high-tech company culture
- Opportunity to grow with/within the company as it develops
- International environment with worldwide customers and partners
- The satisfaction to work on a positive social project helping offenders to rehabilitate
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.