Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
COLLECTIBLE Design Fair
Multi-skilled intern - communication & press
Experimental in its approach, COLLECTIBLE is a one-of-a-kind platform for the showcase and discovery of the best in contemporary collectible design. Seeking to continuously push the boundaries of creativity, the fair brings together established and emerging galleries, design studios, independent makers and brands in a dynamic integrated space, while collaborating with leading curators, design institutions and foundations to deliver groundbreaking commissions and curated projects.
Focused on today’s creation, COLLECTIBLE strives to only showcase high-quality and well-researched objects which reflect the latest currents. In order to keep COLLECTIBLE's concept coherent, works presented are either unique pieces, bespoke commissions or limited editions, pieces are functional or have functionality in mind during the process and all works need to have been produced recently, while premieres are favoured.
Under the responsibility and in direct collaboration with the communication manager, here is an overview of the multiple tasks the trainee will help to coordinate and manage:
E-platform & Website
- Liaise with exhibitors regarding the information about selected works on the platform
- Handle, order, classify content on google drive and google sheets
- Assist in the setting up of the e-platform and add content to the platform
- Assistance in updating the website
- Help the team in developing the editorial line
- Find new topics and interviewees
- Run interviews and assist in writing articles
- Assist in the elaboration of PR documents (press release, media kit, press book)
- Liaise with exhibitors to request information and follow-up with the the PR agency
- Participate in the elaboration of the strategy
- Assist in the development of visual materials and the planification of publications for Facebook and Instagram
- Follow-up on the account and Community Management
- Assist in the elaboration of newsletters
- Handle the diffusion of information related to our 4th edition on media platforms and agenda
- Follow-up on agreements with our media partners
- Assist in the elaboration of materials
- Enthusiastic about design, art and architecture
- Serious & punctual
- Sense of organisation
- Relational and editorial skills
- Proficiency in the following programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Able to work in a team
- A good command of written English is a prerequisite, Dutch, French or another language is a plus
COLLECTIBLE offers you an unpaid internship and the possibility to expand your professional network while learning how to successfully create, sustain and implement a substantial international art event. You will work in a small international team and learn how to operate as a communication manager for an event at the crossover of art, design and architecture.
Availability : 4 January 2021 until 18 June 2021
Terms : unpaid internship
Our offices are located in the heart of the galleries’ neighborhood in Ixelles.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textEvolulu Internship1160 AuderghemThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textfais-le toi-même Internship1060 1060This job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textStéphanie Van Beneden Internship1180 UccleThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textSeventhRoom Studio Internship1040 MolenbeekThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textMANGADISCOUNT Internship1070 bruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textSpacehuntr Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent
- French: excellent