Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Office & Administration Trainee
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
Based in Brussels, the European edition covers the politics, policy and personalities of Europe. With reporting assets in key capitals across Europe, the publication truly connects the dots between the Continent’s biggest power players.
POLITICO is seeking a talented and motivated intern to join the Brussels-based Office and Administration team starting mid-February 2021.
Want to be part of an exciting adventure? At POLITICO you’ll join motivated young professionals in a dynamic and international environment and receive in-depth training in Operations and Administrative Management.
This is a full-time position for a period of 6 months for a trainee contract.
- Participate in the full overview of general administrative functions which support the broader team
- Provide a high quality of service when welcoming visitors, answering phone calls and organizing meetings
- Support a positive workplace experience in our offices across Europe (Brussels, Paris, London, Berlin); assist with employee events and initiatives for best-use of the office space to support the organization’s work
- Proactive approach to office management, inventory management and supply orders
- Assist with booking travel and hotels
- Complete various administrative tasks (word-processing, reporting, filing and scanning of documents, PowerPoint presentation, etc.) as needed
- Serve as the timely liaison between employees and our external IT provider
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Assistant, Office Management, Hospitality, Tourism or a similar degree/work experience
- Professional knowledge of English and French; other European languages are an asset
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Good communication skills
- Very dynamic and pro-active
- Detail-oriented, accurate and very organized
- Customer service and hospitality mindset
- An exciting international workplace.
- An in-depth training in office management.
- A paid traineeship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: excellent