Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
European Student Placement Agency
Online Marketing - German Speaker
ESPA (European Student Placement Agency) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide students with a great experience, both professional and personal.
The Host Company
The company is an online retailer which was established in 2008 and employs 50 staff. It sells clothes hangers, home storage and garment care products through several online channels including eBay, Amazon, Rakuten and their own website. To sustain growth the company has now expanded sales into Europe and intends to have online store-fronts and product listings translated into several languages.
The main role is to actively list products, to maximise sales on authorised content platforms and optimise the online content. The candidate will also work with the Content Manager to identify and develop opportunities to create promotional offers developing a positive and engaging presence, on geographically relevant social media platforms. Perform research and other marketing activities to support the Marketing team will also be part of the role.
Blackpool, Lancashire. Blackpool is a large seaside holiday resort with many tourist attractions. It has a population of around 142,000 located on the North West coast of England. It is approximately 64 km northwest of Manchester and 80km from the Lake District National Park.
A native German speaker, the candidate is required to be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proactively list products, to maximise sales on authorised content platforms, within a selected geographical area.
- Optimisation of online content representing products in line with relevant procedures, processes and policies.
- Routine adjustment of product prices in line with instruction, assigned procedures and policies.
- Monitoring for online infringement of online property rights in relevant policies, procedures and organisational values.
- Work with the Content Manager to identify and develop opportunities to create promotional offers.
- Identify and develop a positive and engaging presence, on geographically relevant social media platforms to promote products and develop brand recognition with the company’s target audience.
- Perform research and other marketing activities to support the Marketing team.
- Run key word campaigns and manage associated budgets appropriately.
- Translate and promote authorised marketing materials, in line with the requirements of the selected geographical area and briefs provided by the Marketing Team.
- Support other business functions in translating/managing enquiries relating to the selected geographical area.
- Produce interactive marketing material to support the development of social media platforms, within selected geographical areas.
- Proactively share best practice with Content Team members.
- Adhere to health and safety requirements.
- Have an understanding of digital marketing and social media platforms.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent personal organisation and business administration skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Strong IT skills, experience with online sales platforms.
- Marketing or Journalism background
- Proven experience of AdWords and social media management.
All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
- Paid Accommodation.
- Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access.
- Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
There is no salary over and above the benefits offered, unless specifically stated.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
2018-09-01=job.status_textEuropean Student Placement Agency InternshipBath BA1 3JN BathThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2016-10-03=job.status_textEuropean Student Placement Agency InternshipBA1 3JN BathThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2016-09-30=job.status_textEuropean Student Placement Agency InternshipBA1 3JN BathThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2016-06-15=job.status_textEuropean Student Placement Agency InternshipBA1 3JN BathThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good
- German: excellent