Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Operation associate internship
STEP is a B2C “Product-as-a-Service” solution for electric scooters. For a fixed monthly price, you get an electric kick scooter that always works. We deliver hassle-free, sustainable solutions that don’t require upfront investment or commitment. From now on, you can subscribe online and receive an electric kick scooter to your doorstep, wherever you live. If it breaks, we swap it with a new one. You can return the product anytime to end the subscription.
We help people to commute from home to work, whether you use the e-scooter for a door-to-door journey or in addition to public transport for the first or last mile. People living in small and mid-size towns or outskirts of major cities often lack transportation options and cannot access existing shared-mobility solutions. In contrast, we make green mobility accessible for everyone by providing an alternative to cars for short trips.
As STEP, we are on a mission to replace all short-distance car trips with personal light electric vehicles (PLEV), starting with electric kick scooters (elektrische step). It will enable us to make the world a better place by contributing positively to society, while improving commuters’ lives by saving them money and time. We want to revolutionize the face of global micro-mobility. STEP is a micro-mobility startup based in Amsterdam with operations in Belgium. We are planning to expand in France, Germany and other parts of Europe as of 2020.
We are looking for a talented intern to join the 3 co-founders and support our growth. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about customer management: understanding their needs and to provide them ‘excellent’ solutions. You will get the opportunity to understand STEP’s business and be part of our growth by being one of the first employee.
What You'll Do:
- Responding to customer requests via emails, calls, facebook, chats
- Follow-up on online leads closely to convert them into customers (sales)
- Schedule deliver STEP to our beloved customers, you will be the owner of weekly planning
- Anticipate customers' needs and solve their problems
- Create the “STEP Customer Success” handbook and contribute to the development of processes for the customer journey, including conversion, onboarding, delivery, and returns
- Create a ‘wow’ effect for customers by excelling at Customer Service
- Be the ambassador of STEP for our early customers
- Proficient in French, Dutch and English (must)
- Valid driving license and no major violations or alcohol/drug-related incidents in the past three years
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer centricity and high business ethics, all customers are respected and valued
- Attention to detail and follow-through are required
- You have a passion for our company's mission and its impact on the cities in which we operate
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- You are a team player for whom no task is too big or too small
- The opportunity to revolutionize micro-mobility in sub-urban areas
- Competitive monthly salary
- Free e-scooter
- A stimulating environment in a booming start-up with a very experienced team of entrepreneurs
- Hiring opportunities at the end of the internship
Are you looking to get a first experience in a start-up?
Do you have a hands-on mentality?
Then we want to hear from you! Send your resume at jobs [at] ridestep.co
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- Dutch: excellent
- French: excellent
- English: excellent