Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Procurement Packaging Internship
Do you have a passion for food combined with an energetic, ambitious and enthusiastic personality? Then we are looking for you!
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that manufactures and sells high-quality food products. Vandemoortele has two business lines; one in frozen bakery products and one in margarines, culinary oils and fats. The Group is present in 12 European countries with 4,200 employees. The Vandemoortele headquarters are located in Ghent, in our brand-new Food Experience Center. We are looking for an intern to join our Packaging purchasing team based in the Headquarters.
- Running a sourcing project (plastic category): market intelligence/ spend analysis, tender and negotiations, set up an implementation plan and contract management;
- Supporting the team in SAP parameter management (MRP/LTP);
- Evaluating current MOQs and optimize order sizes taking into account supplier constraints, business requirements and costs.;
- Following-up and giving support on sustainability initiatives;
- Building effective relationships with internal stakeholders like R&D, Commercial, Production, Planning…
- You are about to start or finish a Master’s degree in Purchasing, Business or a similar degree;
- Are looking for an internship period of 4-6 months in a leading international food company;
- Distinguish yourself by your motivation, teamwork, drive and a positive attitude;
- You are a problem solver, strong in analytics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Power Point
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, in English. French/Dutch is a plus.
- Are passionate about food;
What’s in it for you:
- We offer you a challenging and fascinating internship with a great purpose in an international company having a dynamic, driven and ambitious culture and a collegial atmosphere;
- You will get unique opportunities and responsibilities in a people oriented and value driven environment, where cooperation, respect and ambition are key;
- You will get all chances to develop yourself and get to work in a great team.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.