Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Product Development internship
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium. Today, we are a global performance materials and services company with core competencies in mining, equipment, and engineering solutions. We impact everyday life with our mineral-based products and integrated services. For more than 160 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. We collaborate with the people we serve – our customers, our communities and our people.
HOW WILL YOU CONTRIBUTE ?
At Carmeuse, you’re part of a family that’s over 4,500 people strong. What we do all starts with limestone, it’s that simple. But the products and services you will help create with it are simply fascinating. You’re improving the everyday lives of those around you. You’re helping to build solutions that make our water and air cleaner. You’re helping the agriculture industry to grow and sustain the food we need. You’re helping to make the steel for our cars, computers and homes. You’re even helping to make buildings stronger and eco-friendlier and roads safer … all around the world. For industries. For communities. For life.
You will join the Tech Partner team for your internship. You will be a highly contributing member of a project team. The goal of the project is to develop new product dedicated to the agriculture market (soil amendment) for our customers in Romania.
You will work in an international team.
You will be based in Belgium, in our application laboratory in Seilles for the duration of the internship.
You will contribute to the success of our project by:
- Leading the lab / pilot trials (from recipes preparations to performances test on our pilot unit)
- Reporting results of the test to the project team and proposing next steps and way forward
- Validating or disqualifying solutions according to the performances test / results
- Proposing and implementing lab procedure / tools / technologies
- Contributing to large scale trials on the field according to the progress of the project.
You study chemistry, material science or similar.
You speak French and English.
- You will learn / discover product development process
- You will work a very pragmatic and concrete product development , driven by the market need
- You will run your own lab experiments and develop your analytical skills
- You will develop your sense of autonomy and your organization skills
- You will be in an international context, and speak / write in English/French
- You will have opportunity to develop project management skills
- You will develop your teamwork abilities
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good
- French: mother tongue