Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Sales & Business Development Intern
Are you a doer/changemaker? Do you want to actively contribute to a startup growth? Is learning through hands-on experience and coaching your thing? What about instantly saving millions of liters of distributed water? Do the words “IoT”, “AI”, “GreenTech”, “InsurTech” and “Circular Economy” trigger your interest? Feel like doing some B2B sales? In that case, take a look at our trainee offer and join our team.
At Shayp, we designed a non-invasive and AI driven solution to detect water leaks for professionals and consumers.
Shayp won the Belfius Smart Belgium Award and was recognised as one of the most promising global InsurTech startups at Zurich Innovation World Championship.
Our customers are heavy water users, seeking for savings, ease of operations and the reduction of their environmental footprint. We address cities, facility management companies, institutions and insurance companies.
Our goal is simple: develop our customer base to expand within these different types of segments; and as a Sales & Bus Dev trainee, you will actively help us reach it.
What is it to be a Sales & Bus Dev trainee at Shayp?
- After being introduced to our service, the industry and our position in the industry, you enjoy the excitement of going through the Sales Cycle, from studying a market to closing a deal:
- 20% Market research and/or Territory Plan (analysis of the market, draft a strategy and target list…)
- 30% lead generation (research leads, create and maintain a list/database of prospect clients (CRM, Excel..)…)
- 20% lead qualification and sales pitch (cold calling, digital campaigns, presenting the service…)
- 20% Answering prospects/customers questions and follow-up call questions
- 10% improving sales material (testimonials, case studies, etc…)
- You will work closely with the Head of Sales, who will accompany you the whole process; to reach the Holy Grail and close a deal (or more!) during your internship.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with prospects/customers – as well as strong computer skills
- You have ideas and are eager to implement them
- You make-it-happen and are goal-oriented
- Persuasive, persistent and down-to-earth
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Available 3 months – Junior or Master’s Degree student in Business/Sales/Marketing
- Languages : English (French or Dutch professional proficiency is an asset)
What you’ll get
- A chill and goal-oriented atmosphere at the incubator ICAB (Brussels - Belgium)
- Coaching and empowerment
- Training and hands-on as a Sales/Business Developer role through on-boarding and constant support (Territory Sales Plan, Lead Generation, Sales technique/tools…)
- The opportunity to leave your mark on us
- Upon successful internship, join the startup as part of the growing team
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
2017-03-27=job.status_textSolarPower Europe Internship1040 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2017-02-01=job.status_textPrima Invest Internship1150 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2015-10-01=job.status_textADNEOM Internship1060 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
- Dutch: good
- English: excellent
- French: good