Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Sales & Marketing Intern at Nielsen Brandbank in Brussels
Brandbank (part of The Nielsen Company) is one of the biggest suppliers delivering digital product content with high quality for online shopping and virtual merchandising applications. With our 20 years of experience in e-commerce content, we are able to maximize the impact of online products with a minimal effort for the retailers and brand manufacturers. With our services, we contribute to the successful online activities of our customers and help optimizing the experience of online shoppers.
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge.
For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population.
- Familiarising yourself with Brandbank’s business proposition, our roles, and products
- Understanding Brandbank's service portfolio
- Understanding the retailer through our core products and services, as well as, understanding cross/upsell techniques
- Maintenance of data in the CRM system resulting in an excellent understanding of our customer base
- Reviewing and managing all our local marketing material to ensure it is well-aligned with the local sales team in Belgium and the Netherlands (leaflets, PowerPoints and so on)
- Aligning our local marketing material with our marketing team in the UK
- Working with the responsible Account Manager to increase sales opportunities and solve any issues that could affect the client’s satisfaction
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- An academic or a professional Bachelor
- Native proficiency of either French or Dutch
- Strong verbal and written English
- An enthusiasm for our industry and FMCG
- A positive & ‘Can Do’ attitude
- A proactive mindset
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We promise you a valuable professional experience, allowing you to learn the processes within a company, to network within the FMCG sector and to provide solutions for e-commerce purposes. Having experience at Nielsen Brandbank is a perfect start if you are pursuing a career in the FMCG and/or ecommerce. In addition to that, you can expect the following at Nielsen Brandbank:
- Training & development: You will have a training-on-the-job program. We also have trainings about our organization to help you to get on track.
- Diversity: you’ll work in an international organization, with colleagues from all over the world. There is never a dull moment in our office!
- Culture: We are an open and informal organization. Our Nielsen Values are to be Open, Connected, Personal and Useful. Our people are our greatest asset, and we look for like-minded, positive, and awesome people to join our team. We like to work hard, play hard, and bring the best of ourselves to our colleagues and our work every day.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- French: excellent
- Dutch: medium
- English: good