Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Scooter mechanic and delivery driver internship
As STEP, we are on a mission to replace all short-distance car trips with personal light electric vehicles (PLEV), starting with electric kick scooters (elektrische step). It will enable us to make the world a better place by contributing positively to society, while improving commuters’ lives by saving them money and time. We want to revolutionize the face of global micro-mobility. STEP is a micro-mobility startup based in Amsterdam with operations in Belgium. We are planning to expand in France, Germany and other parts of Europe as of 2020.
We are looking for a talented intern to join the 2 co-founders and support our growth. As a key member of the repair team, you’re responsible to keep our fleet in a good technical condition. As a scooter mechanic, you know our scooters from top to bottom, you’re comfortable to work on multiple brands, and are capable of doing quick repairs in the field, as well as total refurbishments at our facility, if necessary. You don’t only spend time at the workshop but you meet clients during deliveries and are the face of the company. In a nutshell, this is an exciting opportunity to get your hands dirty in a fast pace environment.
- A modern jack-of-all-trades with a valid driving license and no major violations or alcohol / drug related incidents in the past three years
- No certifications required but prior mechanical experience (e-scooters, bikes or other 4 wheelers) and handy work experience is desirable
- Previous delivery, logistics, and inventory experience is a big plus
- Proficient in French or Dutch and English
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- You are a team player for whom no task is too big or too small
- The opportunity to revolutionize micro-mobility in sub-urban areas
- Free e-scooter subscription
- A stimulating environment in a booming start-up with an experienced team of entrepreneurs
- Hiring opportunities at the end of the internship
Are you looking to get a first experience in a start-up?
Do you have a hands-on mentality?
Then we want to hear from you! Send your resume at jobs [at] ridestep.co
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.