Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Volvo Construction Equipment
SERVICES BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
- Name: Volvo Construction Equipment SA
- Address: Hunderenveldlaan 10, 1082 Brussels, Belgium
- Number of Employees: 15.000 worlwide
Volvo Construction Equipment is a subsidiary and business area of AB Volvo. Volvo Construction Equipment develops, manufactures and markets equipment for the construction and related industries.
Volvo CE's products and services are offered in more than 125 countries through proprietary or independent dealerships. Customers are using Volvo machines in quarries & aggregates, energy related industries (oil & gas), heavy infrastructure, utilities, road construction, building, demolition, recycling industry, industrial material handling, and forestry industry.
Our product range includes wheeled and crawler excavators (diggers), articulated haulers (dumpers, dump trucks), scraper haulers, wheel loaders, pipelayers, demolition equipment, waste handlers, motor graders, pavers, compactors, milling equipment, tack distributors, road wideners, material transfer vehicles and a range of compact equipment such as mini loaders, mini excavators, backhoe loaders and skidsteer loaders.
- Internship proposal: Services Business Development Intern
- Reporting to : Global Services Business Development Manager
Purpose of the job:
The Volvo CE Connected Services Department operates in a quickly changing environment in which we are continuously improving and developing our offering to meet our customer’s needs. In order to find the right target markets and develop the right product enhancements we need to collect and analyze data. We are looking for an intern to support us with these activities.
You will be part of the Volvo CE Customer Solutions Business Development team, reporting to the Global Manager Services Business Development. The Business Development Management team follows up on all Services and Aftersales projects, as well as the go-to-market strategy for Volvo Services.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Data analysis as inputs to the product managers on their focus markets and/or product features
- Data from telematics, sales, and product specific data sources
- Internet search on public data about related products. Summarizing the findings
- Participate in the initiative that enhances the marketing of our Safety offering
- Creating interactive, creative training material and presentations
- Deliver support on ad hoc tasks that result from our business activities and projects
- Presenting results of analysis to the Connected Services teams
Skills & experience:
- Good knowledge of Excel (including Vlookup and SUMIFs function) with a strong willingness to learn by doing
- Good level of knowledge of PowerPoint, with a high level of creativity to build interactive slides
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong overall affinity with internet technology
- Strong interest in Business Development, Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Have had at least one previous internship or work experience
- Proactive attitude, internal drive to find tasks and identify ways to add value to the team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (minimum last year bachelor)
- Written and spoken proficiency in English language
Duration & Start:
- Preferred starting date: August/September
- Duration: 5 to 6 months
If you are interested, please send us your Resume & Cover Letter in English and find out what Volvo Construction Equipment can offer you!
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent