Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Shayp is the first cost-efficient water monitoring technology with universal application that vertically integrates insurances and maintenance services to stop real-estate owners and companies from pouring money down the drain.
Our goal is to save water. We do so by helping and assisting real-estate owners and large companies in case of leaks on the water supply thanks to our technology.
Approximately 35% of the total distributed water is wasted through leaks, all the way from cracks on the public network to poorly maintained sanitaries. A very small leak in a household is 50 times the amount of water a person drinks in a year.
Our specifically designed technology retrofits all pulse ready water meters, does not require professional installation, has a minimum battery lifetime of 10 years and runs independently from WiFi. Shayp predicts water bills, informs users about their consumption, alerts them in case of water leaks and facilitates contact with their insurance or a plumber.
- Work with a team of senior and junior developers
- Assist in the design of the high level software architecture
- Developing the front-end web-platform according to our product planning
- Developing the cross-platform mobile app
- Assist the founders in designing the wireframes and improve usability
- Plan an iterate on additional features
- Studies Computer Sciences, Software engineering, Programming, Web and mobile development or equivalent with evidence of good programming skills
- CSS skills (experience with SASS, LESS, Webpack is a plus)
- Experience working with API (REST, Websockets, etc.)
- Experience with Git, code reviewing, continuous integration
- Solid understanding of object oriented architectures and functional programming principles
- Experience of Scrum, Agile and pair programming
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and innovate
- Available according to your school program, ideally min. 2 months.
Working at Shayp is above all choosing an exciting job. You're going to work with a very fast-paced startup in the IoT sector. You'll learn in depth how a company starts and grow. You'll work hand in hand with the founders (CEO, COO, CTO). Work hours can be flexible and project based which will allow you to adapt the best to the job. The office near the VUB is easily accessible by public transport. The internship could potentially lead to a career at Shayp after graduation.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent