Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Spentys – Internship in Software Development (IT)
Spentys is an interactive 3D printing platform for orthopaedic medical devices. Spentys aims to reduce the gap between the complexity of the 3D printing technology and the reality of the hospitals environments. The Spentys solution goes from the 3D scanning of the patient's limb, to the 3D modelling and the 3D printing of the patient's specific cast. This solution is completely automatic and centralised on a cloud platform. It makes the process easy to use for physicians and helps them to quickly interact with the Spentys team. This solution makes the 3D printing technology directly available in the hospitals environment, and so to the patients.
The goal of the internship is to support the Spentys team in its software development. Spentys is focus on offering a web-based 3D modelling platform. The whole solution is an online platform, accessible by the Spentys Team (to record, lead, manage and follow the production flow) and by the physicians (to 3D scan patients’ limbs, 3D model orthosis, and follow the production status).
Hundreds of files are transferred via the platform (.json with patients’ info, 3D scanning files, 3D modelling files, and 3D printing files), and recorded into the cloud.
The student objective is then to support the IT team, improve the architecture of the platform and be sure that the platform runs smoothly even if there are many users connected at the same time. They will also share and brainstorm, with the Spentys team, technical inputs to improve the Spentys Solution.
- Develop the platform in PHD (front end and/or back end)
- Improve the platform process (architecture)
- Develop and improve the Swift iOS app (front end and/or back end)
- Perform the Platform Maintenance (scan – modélisation – impression)
- Implement a VPN server to easily monitor the machines
- Participate to the technical management of the production
- Automatically monitore the production process
- Good knowledge of PHP required
- Good knowledge of C# or Python is a plus
- To be creative, motivated and resourceful
- Knowledge of the medical market is a plus
- Knowledge of the 3D printing technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of the traditional orthopaedic immobilisations (splint/cast) is a plus
Software to use
- PHP, Python, C#, GO
- 3D scanning software, 3D modelling software, 3D printing software
- Cura, CuraEngine, Repetier Host, MeshMixer, MeshLab
- Start : asap
- At least for 3 months
- computer if needed
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textRuddy Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textInnovation Sprint Srpl Internship1200 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- French: medium
- Dutch: medium
- English: medium