Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
The President Brussels Hotel
Stagiaire en Cost Control
The President Brussels Hotel is a 4* property with 296 rooms, 16 meeting rooms and a unique private garden of 3000m². It also benefits from high speed Wi-Fi, a fitness center on the roof top, a breakfast restaurant, a Mediterranean bar and a restaurant with a garden view and a terrace.
This hotel welcomes guests since 1983 and has been renovated in 2009. It re-opened in April 2019 under the management of Everland. A complete renovation of the building is planned for 2020 – 2021.
The hotel is easily accessible by public transportation as it is located 500m from North train station with international connections, a direct train to/from the airport and a metro/tram stop going straight to the city centre. By car, the hotel is at 20 minutes to the airport and to the highway. It is also close to famous convention centres like Tour & Taxis, Square and Brussels Expo.
A cost control trainee will be part of the finance team. In this department you learn different cost control aspects such as, receiving, stock management, inventory control, menu engineering, procedures implementations, suppliers screening and selection. As Cost control Trainee, you will assist in performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assisting in monitoring and controlling of F&B direct costs and revenue by implementing the agreed procedures and departmental standards
· Taking part in the monthly and interim stock takes
· Helping in the research for suppliers and prices with regards to products, goods and any potential purchasing items, ensuring that the most competitive price is obtained
· Assisting in the balancing of daily revenues, in liaison with hotel accounts
· Assisting in the compiling and distribution of the relevant daily, weekly and monthly statistics
· Receiving the goods and performing monthly inventories
· Building relationships with the suppliers
· Assisting in the development and update of SOP’s for Cost Control.
The applicant should look for an internship of 6 months and should have the following qualifications and skills:
· Languages: English, French and/or Dutch (2 of these languages are mandatory)
· IT: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Micros
· Accurate and punctual
· Neat and professional appearance
· Organized and strong attention to details
· Relevant study in Accounting, Finance or Hotel school
· Commitment to accuracy and detail
· Pro active and enthusiastic
· Ability to work under pressure
· Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
· Hours/week: 38h
· A monthly allowance
· Transportation: 100% on local public transportation
· Personal coaching and training to support your internship;
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textFonteyne The Kitchen Internship1190 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textDolce La Hulpe Brussels Internship1310 La HulpeThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textThe President Brussels Hotel Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textBrussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textPark Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi Internship1060 Saint-GillesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textEagle Travel SA Internship1170 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- French: excellent
- English: excellent