Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
OrientaEuro Belgium asbl/vzw
Translation Internship: English/Dutch > French
OrientaEuro Belgium is a nonprofit organisation based in Brussels, dedicated to providing high-quality personalised solutions for lifelong professional and personal well-being: career guidance for students, career coaching for adults and retirement coaching.
Our mission is to help millions of people to make a living out of their talents and passions.
At OrientaEuro Belgium asbl we offer our services in English, French, Dutch and Spanish. This implies a continuous need for professional translation as well as proofreading internal and external documents, blog posts, proposals, coaching tools, press releases, etc.
What this internship looks like:
Right from the start you will acquire a good understanding of our services and will receive very clear guidelines, a glossary of common terms, priorities and next tasks visibility. The material you will be translating is very varied and interesting, so you will never get bored translating with us! (Unless translation is not your passion, in which case maybe you should not apply)
- Translating communication material, blog posts, press articles, web content, social media posts, email campaigns, coaching tools, documentation and proposals into the target language
- Proofreading in the target language
- Occasionally, creating new content in the target language, based on different texts and/or interviews in the source language
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:00
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Beginning: Throughout the year
- Contract: Non-paid internship
- Place: Dynamic business centre in Brussels’ city centre
- Passion for translation
- Native speaker (and writer!) of the target language
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Advanced level of the source language
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in translation
- Attention to detail (i.e.: the format of the target document, grammar, links, usage of the pre-defined glossary..)
- Sense of responsibility
- Intermediate or advanced level of any of our other languages
- Meaningful, tangible and immediate results of your work
- Firsthand professional experience
- Friendly, international environment
- Direct feedback and career tips from senior management
- No coffee-making internship (only for yourself, as our CEO is too busy to prepare the coffee for you every morning, sorry!)
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textCrèche l'arc-en-ciel Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textAEI Voyages Culturels et Educatifs Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2017-03-24=job.status_textYour Private Butler BVBA Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
2016-09-06=job.status_textOrientaEuro Belgium asbl/vzw Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2016-09-05=job.status_textOrientaEuro Belgium asbl/vzw Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- French: mother tongue
- English: excellent