Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Live the World
Travel Content Writer- Summer Internship (English fluency)
Do you also get frustrated when planning a trip? We totally get it - we’ve been there. We want to discover the latest & greatest things to do and make sure it’s cool and off the beaten path. However, it takes SO much time and research, plus there’s just so much information, except for some places so little. Revolutionizing this is what we’ve set out to do here at Live the world.
You can explore our interactive map and discover activities that are tailored to your taste as you click along, with information in a digestible bite-sized format. On the inspiration section, we aim to give you some truly original ideas on what to do this weekend, this month, or in a year! Once you’ve decided on what to do, you can get to planning that trip by saving activities on the map, and start creating itineraries on your personalized trips page. This way, we aim to make planning a trip - near and far - interactive, easy peasy and just an overall fun experience.
Are you passionate about travel, and great at writing?Then this could be the perfect position to build your portfolio and start your career! We are looking for a passionate writer and content creator for our travel platform, are you this person?
You will work with our head of content, and take the lead on one or a few regions. This means you will research what activities tourists could do in a region, both popular and off-the-beaten-track ones. Then you will collect information through multiple resources and write engaging descriptions about each activity.
The internship lasts 3-6 months, and a fixed position can be offered afterwards.
Please note the following:
- We are looking for someone with native or near to native English fluency as this is a position for someone who loves writing.
- We can only accept people who can sign an internship agreement with their school
- You are passionate about travel and have traveled a lot in the past - locally or internationally.
- Your English level is advanced (ideally native) and you feel very comfortable writing and expressing yourself in English.
- You enjoy reading about and researching in-depth what you can do in places you want to visit. Reading a post on tripadvisor or a lonely planet is not enough for you - you are keen to figure out the best sights to see.
- You are great at writing engaging content, which you can show with a portfolio (can be school-related).
- You are eager to join a fast-moving startup environment and are able to work independently.
Please note you must be native or very fluent in English.
A fun, flexible work environment that promotes hands-on learning and we make sure you have a seat at the table and your opinion is heard. You'll be joining a team that works both in Antwerp and abroad and ultimately, loves travel.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- English: mother tongue