Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
EMAX is a digital and innovation partner for energy industry players helping accelerate their journey towards digital energy transition. We believe democratising the world’s power systems is best achieved through the rapid implementation of disruptive, digitally-enabled transactive technologies and solutions.
With the goals toward renewable energy, efficiency and zero-emission building, in combination with advancement in storage, internet of things or blockchain technologies, network operators are in need of new tools to enable renewable energy and electric vehicles connection, peer-to-peer trading and tariff charging in a transparent manner; End-users are asking for innovative and cost-effective solutions; Energy suppliers are forced to change their business models.
General position description
We are looking for a creative UI/UX Designer to join our team.
As an UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Ultimately, you will create both functional and appealing features that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Portfolio of design projects
- Good time-management skills
- BS in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Team player and possess can-do attitude
- The opportunity to work on innovative and technically challenge products
- Work with an international and motivated team
- Flexible work environment and schedule
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good
- Dutch: excellent
- French: excellent