Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
VEHICLE CAD DESIGNER INTERNSHIP
Altreonic NV is an innovative technology-focused SME in the area of systems and safety engineering, located in the area of Leuven. Altreonic NV focuses on the transport and mobility sector and is currently developing its own lightweight electric vehicle, KURT. In this effort, Altreonic NV participates regularly in European projects and often travels abroad for conventions and conferences.
Entering the market of Light Electric Vehicles for last mile logistics as well as (semi)-autonomous shuttles, we are looking for motivated team players. Join an innovative, technology driven and internationally focused scale-up and move to the dynamic and young environment of Leuven. Key-words: embedded real-time software, electronics, mechatronics, internet developers, business development
Altreonic is looking for a student, currently enrolled in her or his last year of studies or recent graduate, in the domain of mechanics, mechatronics or industrial design and an good command of English.
Tasks and activities
- Conceptual design of a light electric vehicle variant
- Work out the technical details using a CAD program
- Verify the design using simulation and finite element analysis
- Selection of material and commercial parts
- Up to date on the latest trends
- Experience with CAD Design (SolidWorks, Fusion360, ...) and Industrial Design are considered an asset.
- Interest in the working domain of Altreonic NV; capable of attaining the necessary knowledge in a short amount of time
- Commercially oriented and entrepreneurial spirit
- Innovative, creative and pro active
- Capable of integrating different perspectives and opinions in the delivered results
- Analytical and critical reasoning
- Good writing in English
- Proficient working knowledge of English is necessary, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset
What we offer you
- An interesting internship opportunity for 2 to 6 months
- Coaching by a professional engineering team
- Contribution in the costs of home-work commute
- Possibility to work from home occasionally
- Possibility of extension cooperation between Altreonic NV and trainee
- A unique international experience for young professional at an innovative SME
- Versatile set of tasks, with the possibility of participating in several activities according to interests and preferences
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.