Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
OrientaEuro Belgium asbl/vzw
Web design/development internship
OrientaEuro Belgium is a nonprofit organisation based in Brussels, dedicated to providing high-quality personalised solutions for lifelong professional and personal well-being: career guidance for students, career coaching for adults and retirement coaching.
Our mission is to help millions of people to make a living out of their talents and passions.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:00
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Beginning: Throughout the year
- Contract: Non-paid internship
- Place: Dynamic business centre in Brussels’ city centre
- Coding, either from scratch or by adapting existing code and website elements to meet current business or specific campaign requirements
- Optimising the user experience, responsive design of our website, accessibility from mobile, tablets and other devises
- Developing web applications to facilitate tools for our clients (e.g. online tests)
- Investigating, proposing and implementing new functionalities, integrations, APIs, etc.
- Automating and optimising the Customer Relationship Management at the different stages of the marketing lifecycle
- Passion for web design/development
- Mastering of html5, php, databases, CSS, etc.
- Undergraduate or graduate student in IT, computer science, programming, software engineering, web development or web design
- Creative and able to translate needs, desires and demands from the business into technological solutions
- Intermediate or advanced level of English
- Attention to detail
- Sense of responsibility
- Experience with WordPress based websites, templates and plugins
- Self-discipline and self-management
- Initiative and entrepreneurial streak
- Meaningful, tangible and immediate results of your work
- Firsthand professional experience
- Friendly, international environment
- Direct feedback and career tips from senior management
- No coffee-making internship (only for yourself, as our CEO is too busy to prepare the coffee for you every morning, sorry!)
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
2016-09-01=job.status_textTinza Internship10.1200 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2015-08-01=job.status_textSOS EXPRESS Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good
- French: good