Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
World Solidarity Forum Green
WSF is looking for an Intern in Event and Communication in Brussels
The World Solidarity Forum (WSF) is a platform for organisations dedicated to action on human rights, collaboratively founded by four organisations, namely, the European Youth for Human Rights, The Critique, Empasi and The Institute of Strategic Communication. Our goal is to facilitate the sharing of best practices, resources, contacts, and other information pertinent to peace building and human rights:
• by developing and implementing awareness-raising campaigns
• through advocacy campaigns aimed at both the public and private sector
• through a dialogue with elected representatives to promote international law and protect constitutional rights
WSF is seeking an event, communication and advocacy intern to support the organisation’s ongoing campaigns and event calendar.
- Drafting articles, managing social media activities, contact databases and mailing lists and disseminating briefings, reports, leaflets and other communication products;
- Support in the production of multimedia and website content development;
- Logistic coordination, liaising with speakers, handling participants’ registrations, developing communication products for the event and follow-up of the event, e.g. producing meeting reports and related publications.
- Provide administrative support where needed.
- Research human rights issues, draft policy papers and advocacy letters;
- Attend and report on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings with international and national actors;
Qualification and experience
A student in communication, politics or other relevant fields;
- Good analytical, writing and communications skills in English and French;
- Experience with social media;
- Good IT skills;
- Previous intern or volunteering experience with campaigning or organisation of events is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and human rights.
What we offer
- An opportunity to acquire practical experience in a Brussels-based human rights NGO
- Expense reimbursement
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent