Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Zomerstage - Software Engineer (BE)
Skryv is a young and growing software company that focuses on smart technology. We offer a platform which helps businesses to simplify and automate their internal processes. Both in private and public sector. E.g. subsidies, permit handling,.. The platform is fully digital, fast and low-dev.
Skryv was founded in 2014 by Maarten Landuyt and Toon Timbermont. Today we are 10 people (combining staff in Belgium & elsewhere in the world). We combine modern technology with a start-up mentality, so expect interesting internships during which you’ll get your hands dirty!
During your internship, you'll build our browser based Skryv Studio. You’ll help with moving the configuration & customisation of our platform to an online, browser-based set-up. This will allow a full SaaS and self-service experience, by which clients will gain more control over their applications.
During the internship you will participate in the design and build of a proof-of-concept of the following components, leveraging various open source packages:
- Web-based form modeller: Currently, there is a form modeller available in a desktop client. The internship aims at rewriting this form modeller in a web-based version.
- Web-based git client: An application builder should have access to a dummy-proof, web-based git client. It should allow him/her to confirm their changes and to create a commit. Which can then be treated by the internal team for validation & merging.
- You are passionate about technology and you've already build up some skills thanks to your training (bachelor/master/..)
- You are looking for an internship in which you can have a big impact
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. You have a flexible attitude, are self-driven and like to take up some responsibility ;)
You will learn how to organise high-quality development, testing, release and deployment cycles of a web application. Above that, you will be part of a great team that will give you a very good insight into the challenges and rewards of working in a start-up development team. Check out Arno’s experience (who now works full-time for Skryv) to get an idea.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textFaacer Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textExcess Return Internship1040 EtterbeekThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textSkryv Internship1000 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textCisco Internship1831 MachelenThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textINCOSYS Internship1040 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textOneBonsai Internship1930 ZaventemThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- Dutch: excellent
- English: good