Or with our northern neighbours at ING HQ in Amsterdam, if you prefer. It's up to you. During ING's International Talent Program (ITP), we enable you to gain as much experience as possible, in various departments at home and abroad. That way, you'll find out which aspects and projects appeal to you the most, so you can focus your career on those. Wherever you choose to go, ING ensures you're fully equipped for your journey.
If you're a final-year student who likes to push the limits, ING's ITP might be just what you need. Our program won't give you an easy ride, but it has produced exceptionally driven “orange bankers” for years.
Each program is tailed to the individual candidate, but the cornerstones are the same for everyone: personal, professional and organizational growth. Your Talent Manager will follow you every step of the way... But don't worry, they won't join you in Hong Kong. You'll be in the driving seat of your own career, but we'll support you along the journey.
Which route will get you to your destination?
There are 7 routes available on our ITP: HR, Finance, Risk, IT, Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking or Operations. Each route will immerse you in a certain area of work, and you'll emerge with specific expertise. You'll learn to manage projects, and you'll develop the leadership skills required in our complex environments.
On top of that, you'll get the chance to become one of our Orange Leaders: driven bankers who achieve sustainable results for and with our customers. Did you know that 28 years ago, ING Belgium's current CEO, Erik Van Den Eynden, started out as a management trainee at what was then BBL?
ITP will take you all the way from first steps to excellence. And all the way from Erps-Kwerps to Hong Kong (at last!).
1. Get to know the ropes locally
- The program starts at ING in Brussels. You'll get to know your immediate colleagues and you'll be able to familiarise yourself with our internal workings.
- You'll also meet you Talent Manager at this stage. Together, you'll decide which projects you'll focus on, and you'll work out a development plan.
- You'll get to pick one of ING's senior executives to take you under their wings; a coach who will inspire and challenge you right from the start.
2. Work your way up centrally
- Following your introduction to ING, you'll get the chance to travel to our head office in Amsterdam. During a two-week international event, you'll meet trainees and mentors from around the world.
- You'll find out more about ITP itself and about ING's services. You’ll also embark on your development plan journey, and you'll learn the basics.
3. Rotation: first role
- After a few basic technical training sessions, you'll start work in your first role. You'll do so in consultation with your talent manager.
4. Rotation: second role
- Some time later, you'll take up your second role in a different department of the bank. This will allow you to find out which tasks and aspects appeal to you the most, and how to focus your career accordingly. On top of that, you'll already have a network to support you.
5. Rotation: third role (the time has come!)
- For your third role, you can choose an assignment in any ING office around the world. Hong Kong? Spain? Singapore? America?
- Across a period of 3 to 6 months, you'll get the chance to manage your own project.
6. A job at ING
- When you return, you'll complete the program and move into a permanent job.
Nǐ zhǔnbèi hǎole ma?*
*Are you ready?