Lauren Gohier, 25 years old from Lyon, France works for the communications team of Air liquide in Brussels. She applied to the company in 2017 and has been working there ever since.
Analyst for Smart Innovative Operations
Description de l'entreprise
Air Liquide is the global leading supplier of industrial and medical gases. In North Europe and CIS countries, Air Liquide operates an extensive pipeline network (in the Benelux) and numerous on-site production units to deliver industrial gases (oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and carbon monoxide), as well as cogeneration plants (co-producing steam and electricity).
The LEAD Center is located in Brussels together with the heart of Air Liquide’s operations in North Europe and CIS, the ROCC (Remote Operations Control Center - 24/7). The LEAD Center focuses on operation optimization, diagnostic and improvement, leveraging SIO (Smart & Innovative Operations) predictive and optimization streams as well as other data analytics. Its main role is to (i) define the optimum performance operation mode and provide the ROCC & production sites with all necessary tools and support to operate at such optimum mode, and (ii) identify and deliver sales and energy optimization opportunities. The LEAD Center has strong interactions with all other departments, in particular with the Energy, the Business Development teams, the sites and the experts from the Industrial Direction.
Description de la fonction
WHAT DOES THE ‘SMART INNOVATIVE OPERATIONS ANALYST’ DO?
As Smart Innovative Operations Analyst you work to improve the performance of our Industrial Operations in terms of efficiency and reliability, you (i) lead and coordinate the deployment of key SIO initiatives for Industrial Operations (ii) monitor the detection of anomalies and coordinate with sites and experts to ensure the value associated is captured and delivered, (iii) act as a change agent to transform operational teams ways of working. You report to the LEAD Manager.
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIONS
- Lead projects with strong digital and innovation backbone, deploy and enhance existing SIO tools to improve operational processes. You work with experts, the sites and the SIO community.
- You are accountable for the monitoring of the performance, reporting and analysis of deviations on efficiency and predictive maintenance. To do so, you develop strong knowledge on AL’s main production processes (hydrogen, air gases, …) and establish connections with AL production sites (international scope). Part of your responsibility will be to ask the people in charge of network or plant operations to take timely actions to close the gaps towards optimum operation modes, to actively challenge the ROCC and sites to make sure they leverage the tools and adapt their ways of working based on your recommendations.
- As Champion for Smart Operations, you are responsible for the accuracy of models and logics as well as ensuring that the tools continue to deliver value as committed. In this role, you specify evolutions for existing solutions and/or suggest improvements/developments.
- You implement processes linked to these new ways of working, train or ensure training of key end-users. You follow user adoption and take corrective action when needed. You animate a community of champions and experts to secure that the organisation trusts tools and models for decision making.
WHAT ARE THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS?
- You have a valued expertise in Air Liquide’s LI operations and processes and a strong interest in Digital and Project Management.
- You are comfortable with Air Liquide’s key processes (network optimisation, sales and energy).
- You have an Engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical, Process Control domain) with some additional data analysis or industrial chemistry process orientation and 2 to 5 years of experience in the industry . You like to work in a team, handle data, design models and analyse complex issues to deliver value.
- Strong technical expertise,
- Analytical skills,
- Highly creative and ready for ‘new ways’ & challenges,
- Appetence for digital transformation and big data, in particular applied to Industry 4.0,
- Interested in training people,
- Team player and able to work with multiple interfaces/level of seniority in the organisation,
- Flexibility to work from international AL office locations (Belgium, Netherlands and France) to support users and team managers.
- Bilingual: English, French and/or Dutch are required. English/French/Dutch is a real plus.
WHAT SKILLS WILL I DEVELOP IN THIS JOB?
- This position is very central in operation, with a strong innovation content and mindset.
- You will work in collaboration with sites and experts, in a multicultural environment, and develop your knowledge of Air Liquide processes and operations.
- You will be exposed within Air Liquide’s management organization (Entity and Business Line) and innovation ecosystem (Innovation Campus & Fab).
- Possible career evolutions are Expert on Innovative Operation solutions, Programme manager for large innovation projects (or operation or at Zone/Group level) or a middle management responsibility in operations.
Information de l'entreprise
[Testimonial Laura] Air Liquide: where I enjoy every day at work
Résumé de l'offre
- Anglais: bon
- Français: bon
- Néerlandais: bon