Effectuer un stage est devenu une étape quasi indispensable du parcours d’un étudiant aujourd’hui. Cette expérience importante te donne une chance incroyable de découvrir quel type d’emploi est fai...
Toyota Motor Europe
2019-2444 Internship Stamping & Plastic Parts Buying - Purchasing
Description de l'entreprise
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Description de la fonction
Can you see the future technologies in Automotive? Would you like to work in the heart of Europe? Are you ready for an exciting challenge? Join our Purchasing team!
TME Purchasing plays a key strategic role in the development of our future products. Buyers & Engineers develop and manage all aspects of the commercial relationship between Toyota and its suppliers, located all over Europe. We are on daily communication with our plants to ensure they receive quality products, on time, at competitive price.
Our Group – Stamping section
We are responsible for the purchase of stamping parts & functional parts (e.g. body in white, exhaust, bumper…). We are responsible for the turnover of 450M€ OE (original equipment mass production) parts buying per year and buying tools for new projects for 100M€ per year.
You will be located in Brussels Head office in the technical center.
- Exhaust commodity is a major cost in the total cost of vehicle representing 165M€ turnover per year with 100M€ for catalysts themselves. It covers all Toyota vehicles produced within Europe & Turkey. You will identify business efficiency opportunities vs current situation with the support of the responsible team and implement the countermeasures.
To do so, we need to confirm the scope of current process, clarify the process flow for data exchange, create and maintain a database, generate monthly/quarterly reports and forecasts, create a plan for improvement and implement the identified countermeasures.
- Body Shell (Circle G) is a complex commodity to handle due to the amount of part-numbers and their changes along a vehicle development activity. TME currently handles this commodity on a dual office base (Brussels & Adapazari-Turkey). You will support the standardization of body shell part sourcing and follow-up activity.
- Fasteners (bolts, nuts, screws) is a fast evolving commodity with a very important amount of references which are commonly used across our vehicles platforms. The current supply condition is shared between Europe & Japan leading to some inefficiencies in terms of sourcing process. You will support the responsible buyer in mapping the current sourcing process of fasteners, identifying process improvement opportunities will all relevant stakeholders and support implementing countermeasures in view of overall process efficiency increase.
Currently Master student in Purchasing or Business Management
- Analytical, problem solving and perseverant
- Accurate with numbers and project follow up
- Flexible and proactive, with entrepreneurial spirit
- Focused on targets and highly determined to deliver results
- Multicultural, proactive and willing to be a team player in an international environment
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
Articles qui pourraient t'intéresser
Partir à la recherche d’un stage : les étapes à suivre !
Stage en entreprise: quelles possibilités pour les étudiants et jeunes diplômés ?
En tant qu'étudiant, réaliser un stage permet de faire ses premiers pas dans le monde du travail. Après avoir fourni les conseils pour bien choisir son stage, Student.be détaille les différents typ...